New Lineup on ArgoXTV website

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Lineup on ArgoXTV website

New Lineup on ArgoXTV website

Go check them out, may not be super accurate but gives you an idea what to expect. Some show pics with the aluminum beadlocks but they are supposed to have offset steel wheels in place was one thing I noticed in the features tab.

WOW,lots of choice!i like it

Anyone know if there are differences between the 2016 and 2017 model years? Other than the new names?

Massive differences.
    Just some I've noticed and read:
    -Different sized Axles larger and different lengths and wheel offsets to accommodate the changes. This is affected in steel and aluminum beadlock wheels
    -Gear ratios have changed in the transmissions to higher ratios, not just the LS trans, even the High Torque is a higher ratio
    -No option in the 700 Carburated Avengers of the past or 700HD, all EFI no matter what, just different sized and cooled versions of motors
    -Many, and most machines you CAN'T actually even get the High Torque trans even though you like the package setup, this means items like the Rubber tracks may not work as optimum as a result if you plan to always run tracks especially in mud and swamp
    -Way, way more expensive, significant increase in overall costs for the exact same previous models. Most models now cost what an older model would cost WITH tracks, it's that significant!
    I'm sure I am missing a few I can think of later, but most are like packages with pre-installed accessories from the factory, but even the base models cost more.

These changes all came out with the LX and huntmaster series early this spring. Those models in 2016 model years have all these features too. But the standard HDI 8x8 that they now call Avenger still has the same running gear as it has for the past 6 years or so does it not?

Yes and no,
    The Avenger 8x8 S has the GENII older style trans with the same gearing as before with 2.6 for STD and 3.3 for the High Torque.
    The rims are steel and offset with 1.375" axles comes with bilge pump and entry step. Retail at $23,135.00

Every other Avenger model has the Admiral trans with new 6.2 STD or 8.1 HT gearing replacing the 6.4 and 8.4 gearing.

In 2016 the options were more add-ons then standard features on most models. It appears the larger axles are now standard on Avenger. 1.25" Axles are on the Frontier Series models and 1.50" axles on the Conquest Models

The beadlocks or off-set steel rims only apply to the 1.375" Avenger Axles. The Frontier and Conquest use the regular steel rims

For example, now if you choose the Avenger 8x8 STX you CANNOT get the high torque trans, you only have the HS Admiral in 6.2 gearing option. This wouldn't be a good setup with 18" rubber tracks being loaded heavily.

The Conquest (XTI lineup) comes with only one gearing option in the Admiral trans, that being 7.1 gearing.

Correction, only the Avenger 8x8 STR can you get the Aluminum beadlock wheels with HT 8.1 geared Admiral trans.

You can find a leftover HDI and put it on tracks for cheaper then most of these Admiral trans equipped machines retail prices now.
    The high torque trans is $4,300 CAN if purchased separately. I would be interested in how much they want for their beadlocks, I can't seem to find any aftermarket wheels with the 5x4.5" bolt pattern in 9" rim size...
    Last edited by Sparx; 08-18-2016 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Corrections and Updates

I was told $782 for ONE beadlock rim with a 25x12 tire mounted. Subtract price of tire, equals way too much to buy 8.

Thanks sparx for the info.
    Last edited by Coast2Coast; 08-18-2016 at 02:57 AM. Reason: To thank sparx

Ouch, their way of making you buy the new machines... If I guessed $225 a tire that would bring rims alone to $4456.
    The price difference between the Avenger ST and STR is $1,800US. At the price conversion they do for their machines between $1.07-1.088 on units would put these rims about $243 Can or $225 US per rim.
    I rather have steel beadlocks over aluminum for strength, I think I'll just make my own for that price.

Great breakdown Sparx, thanks! These differences weren't obvious on the web site. Still don't understand what all comes with what trim level.

Go to Argo Adventure | Argo Atv Parts | Argo Atv and then select Argo ATV models, once there select the compare models button and it should open up a PDF for you to compare all the models. It wasn't until I was at this site that I was aware of the STR Avenger model that you could get the Aluminum beadlock wheels with the Hi Torque trans. It's the only model in which you can do so, the rest are all Steel off-set wheels.

To simplify everything,
    -Frontier models only have steel wheels and the only Admiral trans available are on the two greatest model of 6x6 in ST trim
    -Avenger series stronger axles, only model with the GenII trans is the base Avenger S model
    -Conquest is basically the XTI models with stronger axles yet and the different frame and such, Admiral Trans only in the 7.1 Gearing only

+ Reply to Thread