Argo Bed liner...opinions please.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Bed liner...opinions please.

Argo Bed liner...opinions please.

Looking for opinions on the Argo bed liner. I have an 8x8 HDi with the hand rails. It says the liner fits over the hand rails, but after looking closely at some pics, looks like it doesn't sit on the hand rails at all. Kind of looks like the fit is not too good.

Anyone have any first hand knowledge that can provide their opinion? Looking for fit, quality and value info.

Thanks !!

I am a huge fan of the bedliners,and always have one in my HDI demo units as it keeps blood,dirt,debrie, etc. out of the bottom of the unit,keeping it much cleaner.
    I have used the liner with the hand rails, the liner will sit on top of the rails which is fine, but it creates about a 4" gap between the bottom of the unit and the liner,so I take 3" foam sheet insulation and cut it so it fits inside the floor of the unit, under the liner.This helps if you need to step into the bedliner,keeping the bottom of the liner from deforming.

Thanks Fox Valley, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking there might be a void between the 2 bottoms. Sounds like you have a good work around!!

Thanks....AkBillyBow

I wasn't too impressed with my liner. There's holes in the bottom from factory and it was fairly thin in spots down there too. I could have had a really poorly made model but the holes looked to be put there purposely for draining. What made it so bad was thinking you were keeping your unit clean and dry but pulling the liner to see the inside floor pan with anything you left under like slings and shackles soaking in 2-3" of water.
    On the new unit I resorted to just installing the canopy right away, leaves branches and sticks would still make their way in near the seats anyways. It was really handy to mount my gun boots on however and really fast and easy to install and remove on the machine. I must note as well, if you don't have the hand rails there is nothing to really strap down and hold stuff in the box or liner without them. You can use the sides with bungees but they won't be long enough typically and ratchet straps you have to be gentle with as the sides aren't rock solid stiff.
    Just things to note, I wouldn't say the bed liner is a bad buy, just not the end all be all solution. The canopy in the end will keep debris and weather out of the entire unit front and back much better. Downfall is obviously the price, but turns your unit into a 365 useable machine despite the weather outside now too!

I have the bedliner on my 8x8 Frontier. I love the thing. It keeps debris out of the back of the machine, and is super easy to remove for normal maintenance. My machine has the rails, and it fits within the rear with no problems. Yes, it was kind of a pricey option, but because I purchased the machine new, I was able to take advantage of one of the Argo promotions in which they threw in like a $1000 in options for free. That deal was impossible to beat.

This last trip to the Mud Nationals, I had about a 100 pounds of mud that the bedliner caught. Because it was there, none of that nasty mud made it into the tub. It was easy to back the Frontier to a low spot in my yard and pull the mud out, after that I removed the liner, sat it against a tree and hosed it out. I was surprised about how clean the tub was after a week of serious off road activities. My opinion is, every Argo should have a bedliner.

It'll catch mud and most but not all sticks cause of the seat area not being sealed off. But if you get snow in there as such in November and melts you'll think everything is dry underneath until you see all your slings and gear frozen solid together. It is not sealed to prevent water from filling up the floor trays beneath, keep that in mind.
    Would I get it again, yes only if I didn't want to spend the money on the canopy instead.

I really like mine. I didnt realize I was supposed to leave the floor tray in with the cargo liner tho. It didnt seem to fit well. My floor tray it very warped tho, the sides are curved in at the top, it came this way.. I just figured thats how they were. I have never seen another Argo 8x8 in person besides the one I have and one at a dealer, but I didnt notice the cargo tray. Should I try to heat/straighten my tray and get it in under there? Is there a good reason it should be there? Fox Valley?

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with my liner. There's holes in the bottom from factory and it was fairly thin in spots down there too. I could have had a really poorly made model but the holes looked to be put there purposely for draining. What made it so bad was thinking you were keeping your unit clean and dry but pulling the liner to see the inside floor pan with anything you left under like slings and shackles soaking in 2-3" of water.
    On the new unit I resorted to just installing the canopy right away, leaves branches and sticks would still make their way in near the seats anyways. It was really handy to mount my gun boots on however and really fast and easy to install and remove on the machine. I must note as well, if you don't have the hand rails there is nothing to really strap down and hold stuff in the box or liner without them. You can use the sides with bungees but they won't be long enough typically and ratchet straps you have to be gentle with as the sides aren't rock solid stiff.
    Just things to note, I wouldn't say the bed liner is a bad buy, just not the end all be all solution. The canopy in the end will keep debris and weather out of the entire unit front and back much better. Downfall is obviously the price, but turns your unit into a 365 useable machine despite the weather outside now too!
    Unless the factory just started putting holes in the bedliner,you shouldnt have any hole in it,none of the liners previous had holes,kind of defeats the purpose. Are you sure you got a new one?LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
    I really like mine. I didnt realize I was supposed to leave the floor tray in with the cargo liner tho. It didnt seem to fit well. My floor tray it very warped tho, the sides are curved in at the top, it came this way.. I just figured thats how they were. I have never seen another Argo 8x8 in person besides the one I have and one at a dealer, but I didnt notice the cargo tray. Should I try to heat/straighten my tray and get it in under there? Is there a good reason it should be there? Fox Valley?

Jason
    Yes, you should leave the tray in,otherwise you could burn a hole thru your liner from the chains.
    All the floor trays on the frontiers have a crappy fit,and the edges curl up,and they just don't seem to fit.....at all. Total opposite on the HDI units,couldn't get them to fit any better. Let me know if you get a better fit,my 2015 frontier tray seems to be hitting in the back of the unit where they added the extra bracing.

The tray is a must have for hunting up here in Alaska! Well worth the money.

+ Reply to Thread