Driving Lesson

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driving Lesson

Driving Lesson

Alright so still getting used to how to handle an argo in the muck and looking for some advice. A guy I work with gave me the final push to go ahead and buy my argo and while I was patiently waiting for my hitch to end (I work offshore) to go home and pick up my new argo he told me some various tips and tricks he had learned.

The one i'm wondering was about some advice for going through bog holes (I believe western Canada calls it muskeg; thats what they call it on youtube but looks like bog to me). Basically what I was told was if you get in a situation where one side starts to spin out, you should adjust your steering so those tires stop spinning.

It seems like logical advice but I was just wondering how the, what I will call the traditional transmission, and the admiral transmission differ in these kind of situations. I have only drove with the admiral. He has only driven with the traditional setup.

So to try and put an end to this rambling.....Has anyone out there driven with both transmissions and able to give me some advice how to prevent getting myself stuck in goo.

Side note: For anyone not familiar with Newfoundland bog it comes in a wide variety from being able to just ride over it with no worries, you got some swampy stuff that is the constancy for a thick milkshake, and you got the real thick stuff that is almost guaranteed to remove your rubber boot as soon as you attempt to leave the argo to run out the winch line.

Send mightymaxIV a pm he can really help you with all your questions. He drives a lot of swamp and has had both the open diff and Admiral trannys.

If you purchased the HD ,(I think you did), it should be point and shoot as the brake transfer is for the open diff. transmissions.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

For the open diff refer to rock docs vids to learn how to use the stick shuffle

ArgoJim: HDI actually but correct me if i'm wrong but I think the difference between the two is mine is fuel injected instead of having a carb. As i'm gaining experience it does seem that point and shoot is the way to go. Occasionally I can throw it in low to spin and line up for some solid ground but I got to catch her before I get too much weight on the skid pan.

Curtis: I've seen the rock doctor handle used on around the forums. Assuming he's the same as the youtuber by the same name i've seen most of his argo videos. He's partially responsible for my wallet getting a whole lot lighter!!

+ Reply to Thread