little problem on my conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: little problem on my conquest

little problem on my conquest

Hello guys, I am having an issue with my 2004 conquest with 160hr.
    on high gear at almost full throttle, I have noticed an hesitation coming from the engine, then when I let off the throttle it stalls but it will start right away, doesn't feel like an ignition problem but I might be wrong, but It feels like a fuel problem. When idling I can feel the pump pulsing (is this normal?) the fuel filter looks clean inside.
    The argo is at my remote cabin right now so I wont be able to check it until my next visit , I need it working for moose hunting starting september 10.
    Any advice would be apreciated.

Not up on my Argo models and what engines each one has, but.... with any small engine you should be able to replace the pump, filter and lines for under $60. After that a can of seafoam added to the fuel tank would go a long way. Under $30 for a carb kit and a few cans of carb cleaner. You are looking at less than a hundred and an afternoon. That sounds way better than stuck somewhere when you could be hunting.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Has it been a while since you have ran her? If it has been stored a while without stabilized fuel the carb can get gummed up. The 20 HP Kawi is a great motor, but they hate old gas. The shut off solenoid needle can get stuck forward and restrict fuel flow to the main jet. It might be a good idea to go through it and make sure the needle is free to move and give it a good cleaning. The pumps go bad as well if the gas gets gummy enough. I always use marine grade stabil in my gas to prevent problems.

If your gas lines are old the ethanol in todays gas can eat them up and cause problems as well. You might want to pull the fuel line at the carb and turn the key on and see if it is pumping gas into a cup at a good flow rate.

I have a 2004 Conquest and when I bought it it only had 20 hrs on it, but I had to replace the pump, rebuild the carb, replace the fuel shut off solenoid, and I replaced all the fuel lines and filter because it had been in storage for years. Good luck!

Good info to start with here. To add something I'd say to make sure you clean the carb really thoroughly, using compressed air after the usual carb cleaner methods if you can. Sometimes I've had to clean one two or three times before the junk really came out and made a difference. I've resorted to putting the whole carb in a big ultrasonic cleaner I have for cleaning brass for reloading. That worked the best, with mr clean of all things as a cleaning fluid. The old fuel lines will decompose after a few years and little bits of rubber can break off AFTER the fuel filter and plug up the jets in the carb, so try replacing the entire run of fuel line.

Not sure where you're located but the only gas stations around me that claim to have no ethanol is Shell in their V-power (supreme) gas. I put that in everything I own.

Good luck on the moose hunt, ours starts September 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
    Good info to start with here. To add something I'd say to make sure you clean the carb really thoroughly, using compressed air after the usual carb cleaner methods if you can. Sometimes I've had to clean one two or three times before the junk really came out and made a difference. I've resorted to putting the whole carb in a big ultrasonic cleaner I have for cleaning brass for reloading. That worked the best, with mr clean of all things as a cleaning fluid. The old fuel lines will decompose after a few years and little bits of rubber can break off AFTER the fuel filter and plug up the jets in the carb, so try replacing the entire run of fuel line.

Not sure where you're located but the only gas stations around me that claim to have no ethanol is Shell in their V-power (supreme) gas. I put that in everything I own.

Good luck on the moose hunt, ours starts September 1st.
    Thanks guys for the replys, today I checked the pump and the solenoid, they were fine.
    I have flushed the fuel tank and filled up with premium, almost no ethanol in our gas in eastern canada.
    also replaced the spark plugs . It runs fine for now, I will carry a spare pump (mr gasket 42s ) and see whats happen next weekend.

+ Reply to Thread