tie downs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tie downs

tie downs

what do people here use for their tie points on an Argo for holding down cargo in the back?

I generally just pile it in. Haven't had anything pop out yet, save for a ball cap that blew off my head lol. If your piling it higher than the sides of the machine I would consider something like the hand rails for the back that argo offers. Shouldn't be to difficult to make something up with a bit of round stock.

The one thing I do tie into the back of the argo is my guitar case when going up to the cabin. I stand the case vertically against the seat back rest and tie it to the gun mounts I have mounted on the top of the back rest.

I tie a paddle/shovel/gas auger up across the backrest of the seat with a bungee cord or two hooked to the back rest bars that's about it. They all are about the right length to sit there. When sitting over night in rain if I'm out overnighting I toss a tarp over the whole thing and ratchet strap the tarp down by putting the hooks on the rub rail. I suppose you could do the same thing with the tarp just over the back if you needed stuff to stay dry/stay in place there but usually I just leave the tarp over the stuff and tuck it into the gaps by the seats to keep it in place when travelling.

Cut angle iron pieces the length of the bed drill holes for straps. Bolt each to the mold rail of the tub and you are set

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I also really like to have Push/Bush Bars on the front too
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Rock Doctor...your set-up is great! Can you post a couple pics from looking straight at the rear, so I can see how you have attached the rear brackets? I need to add a support in the rear for my hard top. The original was attached to the hitch I believe, but don't know for sure. Some pics of yours would be very helpful!!

Thanks....AkBillyBow

Quote Originally Posted by AkBillyBow View Post
    Rock Doctor...your set-up is great! Can you post a couple pics from looking straight at the rear, so I can see how you have attached the rear brackets? I need to add a support in the rear for my hard top. The original was attached to the hitch I believe, but don't know for sure. Some pics of yours would be very helpful!!

Thanks....AkBillyBow
    I don't have a rear support on this machine, the rack is just bolted to the Splitline around the Tub. These older machines seem to handle the weight better than the newer machines. I have had to add rear support to a couple Avengers, but we did that from the inside. (sorry, no pics). A 3-4" wide piece of flat bar bolted to the rear frame, and molded to follow the rear contour of the tub, up to the Splitline works well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you for the info !!

RD did you shorten your exhaust or is that just the way it was on the conquests? Got into an argument with a tree the other day and redesigned the steel mesh around my exhaust. Opps lol

+ Reply to Thread