Buying generic bearings for your argo.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buying generic bearings for your argo.

Buying generic bearings for your argo.

I did 5 bearings on the argo a few weeks back. I didn't do it myself, too busy at work so I dropped it off at an argo rental place near me that does all their own maintenance. I have a 97' conquest and I bought bearing part #UC206-20 from fastenal, the triple sealed version that I found recommended on this site somewhere.

The guy at the shop showed me that the greasing hole on the outer race of the bearing is on the wrong side, therefore making it impossible to grease these bearings through the grease zerks. %*#@!, no time to turn back now, installed them anyway. The bearings can only be installed one way. There was also a little nub on the bearing outer race that had to be ground off for the bearings to fit in place. What he did end up doing was machining a little channel across the outer race to the greasing hole with a dremel tool, and tried to line that up with the grease zerk in hopes to be able to get some lube in there. He said he had to do the same thing when he tried non argo bearings in his old conquest many years ago. He recommended using only the argo bearings next time.

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

The NTN bearings Argo uses are a quality piece, if the nub had been removed the grease hole would have been where needed though they often do not cooperate. The NTN bearing not only has 2 grease holes but also has grooves around it so the hole need not be exact.

Some things are worth a few bucks.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread