Argo 2005 Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo 2005 Conquest

Argo 2005 Conquest

I just traded for a 2005 Argo Conquest with the GU geared tranny.
    It needs tires pretty bad, but it had a frame off restoration done to the driveline abt 115 hours ago. I saw the pics of it. We are going with the Carlisle AT101 tires. (split chevron pattern) 21X11X8 $77 each mounted at our local GoodYear tire garage

It was liberating driving this thing down to the river with my two kids in it and driving straight into the water to go fishing. I caught the largest Smallmouth I have caught in years, brought that puppy back and fried it up and my youngest and I ate it.

Transmission has a LOT of whine and gear noise to it. (nothing chunky or chattery) but it is loud. Loud enough coupled with the engine to make me want to wear ear protection.

The master cylinders seem to be leaking off. Any tips on where to get a master cylinder rebuild kit, or is there a recommended upgrade etc? Thanks in advance. This forum has been a huge help already.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Conquest. That's a great experience to share with your two kids. I'm sure they were almost as excited as you were to drive it into the water. Any local Argo dealer should be able to get you the orings, seals or plungers you need for the rebuild of your brake cylinders. They are pretty simple to tackle so it should be an easy fix. Have fun with your 8x8

Thanks. I'll check around.

+ Reply to Thread