Chain Options

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chain Options

Chain Options

Are there any other chain options for us? My ebay chains are nearly done already after about 40 hours, smacking the floor panels like mad it's only been about three weeks since I put it back in service. I lubed them every 10 hours and kept them clean. Are the diamond and tsubaki chains going to last much longer?

I know on my MX bikes a properly cleaned and lubed DID non o-ring chain is toast after 10 hours, while an x-ring chain can last 50+ with very casual maintenance.

I was surprised that even new argos don't come with o-ring or x-ring chains, as I consider for my other machines a non x-ring chain is junk. Can you get x-ring chain in the 50-2 and 60 sizes?

Hi Coast2Coast

I bought my 520 O-ring chain for my Max II from MFG supply and I think they are 9600 tensile strength. I have 39 hrs on them and the stretch as been almost zero. I only lubed them once so far. I believe these chains will last me a very very long time.

Larry

The name brand chain will definitely last longer than what you got out of the ebay chain, even if it isn't oring.

I priced chain last year and found the best deal through the argo dealer.canada bearing here in town sells tsubaki the same as argo but I could only get it in 10ft lengths.damn chains except for the front are longer then 10 ft each.

I dont know what you mean Plot Hound about your chains being more then 10 feet, i didnt measure but i dont think mine are More than 10 feet. That being said , i just got 8 new drive chains from Argo yesterday, they are tsubaki, im in ontario Canada, i was going to buy 3 ten foot rolls of chain & break it etc. But... Unless you buy cheap chain from China (ebay usualy, unless stated otherwise) then the price difference wasnt enough to justify the extra work. I wanted a quality chain that will last, after doing one side today, i dont wanna do it again anytime soon..(fronts especially) . the current price for 8 chains, after tax is $807. Canadian... I know its alot, but worth it i think..
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

I have over 100 hours on the MFG Supply 530 oring chain (9600+ tensile strength), and its still within adjustment range.
    Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I forgot to add that with MFG chain you can buy per link and no waste. and no need to buy a chain breaker.

Larry

Having had my Argo approximately two years now one thing I have found is that they're pretty bulletproof. Mine is a 1999 Vanguard. When I bought it i had the typical Briggs & Stratton 18 engine, smokes like crazy and they had the typical squeaks and rattles when I bought it. But the main thing I have found is that about the only thing Argo actually manufactures is the tub and the transmission. Just about everything else you can buy elsewhere which is good for us. I replace the bearings through argo( not knowing any better) and paid through the nose I took an old bearing to a local bearing company and they said its aftermatket and could get them for nearly half what i paid. the chain is aftermarket too. here is the the address hopefully you can use them. Rick
    Future Bearings
    90 Mendon St, Bellingham, MA 02019
    (508) 966-2742

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    I dont know what you mean Plot Hound about your chains being more then 10 feet, i didnt measure but i dont think mine are More than 10 feet. That being said , i just got 8 new drive chains from Argo yesterday, they are tsubaki, im in ontario Canada, i was going to buy 3 ten foot rolls of chain & break it etc. But... Unless you buy cheap chain from China (ebay usualy, unless stated otherwise) then the price difference wasnt enough to justify the extra work. I wanted a quality chain that will last, after doing one side today, i dont wanna do it again anytime soon..(fronts especially) . the current price for 8 chains, after tax is $807. Canadian... I know its alot, but worth it i think..
    what I meant was I could not make 2 chains from a 10ft length.chains are longer then 5ft.if I remember correctly the chains on my conquest were roughly 5ft each though.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    what I meant was I could not make 2 chains from a 10ft length.chains are longer then 5ft.if I remember correctly the chains on my conquest were roughly 5ft each though.
    Ah ha ! Gotcha, Thanks for clarifying for me mate ! I think i worked out that id need between 30 - 40 feet, on My 93 magnum, maybe having to use a few extra "master-links", here or there. Just putting this out there, i spent yesterday doing the left side, im doing the right side today & I spent more time doing my front chain then i did the other 3 ! Tsubaki chain is available online in rolls, & in the USA you can probably get free shiping !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

+ Reply to Thread