argo vanguard Tire replacement ????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: argo vanguard Tire replacement ????

argo vanguard Tire replacement ????

I Have a 1999 Argo Vanguard. I replaced the tires with new Runamuck tires and I'm a bit disappointed in the water/Mud performance. tho the ride is nice and it steers on a dime. Have read on the Internet that people do change them for larger tires is this vanguard basically the same as a Bigfoot Argo? They run 25 inch tires and the tub specs seem like argo basically put 25" wheels and hydraulic brakes on her and call it a Bigfoot. ant imput greatly appreciated

i believe the vanguard just like conquest and response were only made for 22 in tires maybe 24, rockdoc has 24 on his conquest which were standard 22 but somehow made them fit lol, its a close fit and i mean close. only the bigfoot and conquest 6 by 6 had 25 in tires

gotcha there's not a lot of room and I was wondering about tire expansion when the Argo is going full open. I'll stick to 22's thank you for your input. I've never been stuck yet famous last words but this property is so remote. Trying to be proactive. I read on another blog that people who switch to heavy tread tires and up getting stuck because the tire digs into the dirt and mud instead of on top of it which is what it was designed for. Thank you again

The Bigfoot has a slightly longer wheel base, couple inches to make room for the 25" tires.

I had a 1997 Vanguard II that had the same wheelbase as the Bigfoot and I had 25" rawhides on it. I am not sure which year they made all the 6x6 frames the same as the bigfoot/conquest 6x6.

Interesting, mine was a 1996 so argo must have changed it the next year.

Thank you for your reply, sorry for my late response. still new to this blog. its not the kind of thing you can say I'll just buy them and try them. They don't give these tires away. I purchased the Runamuck tires online actually eBay. But still ended up paying more than I should've. They give a decent ride but they're not holding up to well. I have land in Maine and it's very rocky terrain. Argo tire prices are insane to say the least.

When you upgraded your tire size to 25s did you notice a big difference? I'm contemplating buying just to and see if they fit side-by-side if not maybe I can send them back. What changed for you? Turning ? Speed? swimming? Must've been much better ground clearance that's for sure. That seems to be my biggest issue right now

Measure your axle spacing, if it has 24" center to center a 24" tire will be close and may rub, 25's are out.
    What is not holding up in the tire?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

the tread on the tires are wearing down really fast. I have approximately 25 hours on the machine and I don't think I'll get another 25 out of these tires before they're bald. The property has a lot of sharp rock and ledge . I found these tires online. Take a look and see what you think https://www.tires-easy.com/25-12-9/b...ecode/94001637

+ Reply to Thread