ARGH !! Not getting fuel all of a sudden... Help please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARGH !! Not getting fuel all of a sudden... Help please

ARGH !! Not getting fuel all of a sudden... Help please

Ok ijust spent 2 days fighting to get the chains done, i win that battle but then i start it up to test them out & it runs for one min. Literally ! & dies.... And wont start again... Its not getting fuel, i checked the plugs & they are dry, i then put a little fuel down the carb and it fires right up ! Until the gas i poured burns of then dies a few seconds later... My questions are :
    1- what should i check first ?
    2- what kind of fuel pump is on a 93 magnum, 18hp kohler, mechanical or electric ?
    3- where is it ?
    4- how can i identify if its a plugged line or busted pump etc. ?
    Im so frustrated right now and can use a litte help before i go hulk on this thing !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

not getting fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    Ok ijust spent 2 days fighting to get the chains done, i win that battle but then i start it up to test them out & it runs for one min. Literally ! & dies.... And wont start again... Its not getting fuel, i checked the plugs & they are dry, i then put a little fuel down the carb and it fires right up ! Until the gas i poured burns of then dies a few seconds later... My questions are :
    1- what should i check first ?
    2- what kind of fuel pump is on a 93 magnum, 18hp kohler, mechanical or electric ?
    3- where is it ?
    4- how can i identify if its a plugged line or busted pump etc. ?
    Im so frustrated right now and can use a litte help before i go hulk on this thing !
    Kris- Most likely. -Fuel gone bad. Our Ethanol gas does not go bad as quickly as the guys in the southern states.Some of them say 30 days. I have gotten away with the same fuel in the tank for months between Christmas and Easter.But in hot weather like we have had the ethanol goes bad quickly. Guys like Can.Zuk can tell you better but draining the fuel and putting in a few liters of Shell hi test with some gas line cleaner may fix the problem. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Kris- Most likely. -Fuel gone bad. Our Ethanol gas does not go bad as quickly as the guys in the southern states.Some of them say 30 days. I have gotten away with the same fuel in the tank for months between Christmas and Easter.But in hot weather like we have had the ethanol goes bad quickly. Guys like Can.Zuk can tell you better but draining the fuel and putting in a few liters of Shell hi test with some gas line cleaner may fix the problem. Good luck
    Thanks Philip, but no its full of fresh gas bought yesterday, it ran normal for a few seconds and then just puked. So i think its a fuel pump, blocked line or something else ???
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

Hi Kris ,
    Couple of things , check out the links for Argo here and look at the manual for both your machine and engine , you have a mechanical pump , but I would take a look at you fuel filter first and see if that needs to be changed Good Luck ...
    bg

Sorry to hear that it's not an easy fix Kris. I don't know what kind of fuel pump is on your 93 Magnum but i bet lots of guys on here can tell us.
    Good luck, I hope you get to test your new chains soon.

I have to take my carb apart and soak it in carb cleaner quite frequently even though I use non ethanol gas or it will run and quit. I took my fuel tank off and flushed it out and was amazed at the crap that came out of it and that helped me a lot. I also put an outboard motor priming bulb and in line fuel filter on the fuel line and that helped with the starts after a set up. Take your fuel line off at the carb and turn the engine over, it should pump fuel.

Where is the fuel pump positioned ? Ive looked at the manual but its an"exploded view" i cant tell where it is ???
    Last edited by Kris W; 09-12-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Magnum fuel pump is on top of the engine guide close to carburetor. Remove the entire air cleaner assembly and follow the fuel line from carb back. First thing you get to is the pump. It's a mechanical pump from the factory. I see a lot converted to electric as the mech one had failed. You can try disconnecting the supply line at carb and route into a can to see if it's trying to deliver fuel. If it delivers fuel to carb but not into it the inlet or needle are pluged. I've had a bunch of Argos from mid 90s to 03 with fuel lines breaking down and feeding bits of hose into carbs and fuel pumps. Mechanical pump can also be tested with vacume and pressure guage if you can get one.

Thank you

if your argo still has that black fuel line like mine did replace it. i took every piece of that stuff off and put in some nice clear line. when i drained what was in the black fuel line i was supersized how much deposits and dirt was in there, so most likely one of you fuel jets in your carb need to be cleaned.rock doc has a vid of cleaning his but his is a kawasaki not a kohler so its different but basically all the same stuff you need to do!

+ Reply to Thread