worst stucks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: worst stucks?

My 1st AATV was a basket case Argo Vanguard 6x6. After a bunch of hours fixing it up I was impatient to get out for a ride and ended up going alone. I got a bit high sided in some ruts and started working the laterals vigorously. This was the result....My left lateral in my hand and no longer attahed to my Argo lol. I spent the next 20 minutes getting unstuck and trying to figue out how to get home making only right hand turns.

The solution was simple in the end, a pair of vise grips provided me with a left side foot brake.

Here is another crappy day pic, we were coyote hunting a property north of Bellville, it was cold and my truck was quite a few miles away. Luckily I had a heavy weight hunting partner who was able to hang off the back left side of my Max as a counter weight to stop the front right from scrapping along the grond and digging in crossing a few gullies. We tossed the tire in the back and the track on the roof and hobbled out at a snails pace.

worst stuck

[QUOTE=Canadian_Zuk;204659]My 1st AATV was a basket case Argo Vanguard 6x6.

Well OK maybe, but what a beautiful paint job!

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post

Well OK maybe, but what a beautiful paint job!
    No kidding . Some people shouldn't be allowed to buy rattle cans lol

My worst stuck involved a hole in Busco, a Buffalo that didn't like it 3 times and a nice gentleman named Jim on a night,night ride.
    I was stuck pretty good, and that's all I have to say about that.

I'm sure a photo may surface at some point.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

My Daughters
    [IMG][/IMG]

the girls are like,we did it just for you lol

Been broke down more times than I'd like to admit. A few highlites include:

Buddy and me were in my max 2 crawling along a part way dried up creekbed. Without warning, motor lost all power, started popping through the carb and soon died. Took the air cleaner off, tried starting it back up, but it gave nice plumes of unburnt gas back up the carb. Was lucky where it died, and was able to get a 4x4 truck near enough to pull me out and home.

Lost a drive belt in a max 4, could not get a truck back to pull it out, ended up pushing it 2 miles home.

Snapped a chain in a max 2 in a creek bed. Walked home, cut a chain and put it on while standing in 6 inches of water and mud.

Argo 8x8 blew its transmission out in the woods. Reverse gear was shredded, locked up the transmission. Disconnected the chains and used a truck to get it back home.
    Meep Meep

+ Reply to Thread