worst stucks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: worst stucks?

worst stucks?

hey all you argo people. im sure all of you have had a bad stuck sometime in your life? post a pic or tell the story of it,dying to hear some hunting trip stories

Not mine, a friends

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This rambles on a bit, but there is an interesting stuck here. Previously Posted...

RD

Not sure why my vids are not embedding anymore
    Last edited by Mike; 09-19-2016 at 05:22 PM. Reason: removed the "s" in https:// to get the video to embed

no doubt,how did you guys get that avenger out? any damage done?

I got stuck in a small creek otherwise known as the Colorado River in Texas outside Robert Lee (a town with one light). I had gone down the river in my Tan Max 2, then when coming upstream got high centered in a silt pile and couldn't unstick it. I figured I could just push off the bottom and work the sticks and throttle with my hands. Once I jumped in, I sunk down in basically quicksand. Luckily for me, I was able to grab the middle tire and eventually pulled my body out, but managed to lose my shoes and socks, and pants, and underwear in the process. I did manage to fish the undies out and wash out the silt well enough to get them back on to walk back to my deer camp. Luckily I was the only person in the camp, otherwise would have never heard the end of it. Once back in camp, I dressed again, grabbed a come-along and walked back to the creek, and found a rock pile to walk over to the machine on, cabled it up, and attached to a oak root, and winched her out. Once out, I was whipped, took the machine back to camp and had a few beverages as I thought that process out about taking a machine out without a winch. That weekend there was a new winch mounted to her, and I've had the same machine now 21 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    no doubt,how did you guys get that avenger out? any damage done?
    I was not there, it was a friend who works out in the bush, I believe they sent a helicopter out to retrieve that one. Can't really tell in the pics, but there is a steepish hill on one side of the bridge, and it was wet out. The machine slid down the hill, out of control and ended up as you see it :-)

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I got stuck in a small creek otherwise known as the Colorado River in Texas outside Robert Lee (a town with one light). I had gone down the river in my Tan Max 2, then when coming upstream got high centered in a silt pile and couldn't unstick it. I figured I could just push off the bottom and work the sticks and throttle with my hands. Once I jumped in, I sunk down in basically quicksand. Luckily for me, I was able to grab the middle tire and eventually pulled my body out, but managed to lose my shoes and socks, and pants, and underwear in the process. I did manage to fish the undies out and wash out the silt well enough to get them back on to walk back to my deer camp. Luckily I was the only person in the camp, otherwise would have never heard the end of it. Once back in camp, I dressed again, grabbed a come-along and walked back to the creek, and found a rock pile to walk over to the machine on, cabled it up, and attached to a oak root, and winched her out. Once out, I was whipped, took the machine back to camp and had a few beverages as I thought that process out about taking a machine out without a winch. That weekend there was a new winch mounted to her, and I've had the same machine now 21 years later.
    Wow Noel, that's some story. Yes good thing the guys weren't at camp lol.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

My worst stuck was out ice fishing one day. I drove about a half mile out onto the lake. I knew the snow was deep. Once I stopped and got out I sank up above my knees. A foot of snow with a foot of slush hidden underneath. When I went to leave I feathered the throttle as not to break through the snow pack. Well it didn't work, the tracks on my Max IV were churning slush as the tub was high centered on the snow. I shoveled and shoveled underneath but could not get back up on the snow pack. I had a winch and an ice auger but nothing to lodge in a hole to winch from. Nothing! Not even back at the truck. This happened on aMonday morning so there was no one in sight. Being 3 hours from home I had no one to call. So I called the local police station to see if he knew of anyone and he put me in touch with s friend of his. After a short phone call he showed up on his snowmobile with a sheet of plywood and a high lift jack. I signaled him when to stop before the slush got bad. We waded through the slop and made a ramp with the ply wood and jacked up the front put the plywood under the tracks. It worked, I was able to drive up the ramp and get on top of the slop. I broke through one more time. After the same procedure I made it to shore. This guy was a perfect stranger and left work to help me out. He said all he wanted was 20 bucks for the plywood. Well I gave him way more than that after he said no once or ten times. Finally he took it for a donation to the local fire dept. I sure meet some nice people in my travels. By the time I loaded up the frozen Max my bibs were froze solid from above my knees down. Lol. Really hard to move.
    Solution, since this fiasco I've added cleats to the tracks, a rear winch, and most important of all, I made an ice anchor to winch from.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post

ok, I lol'd

+ Reply to Thread