Amphibious tragedy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amphibious tragedy

Amphibious tragedy

To all the amphibious riders please be careful out there. A man lost his life crossing the Delta River 40 miles from my home in his argo. His overturned and according to the newspaper,got trapped in the cab. The article is in the Fairbanks News-Miner interior section Saturday 17th. Argos with a cab is not intended for use on the water.To the moderator, please feel free to post to all categories of amphibious rigs.

I hate to hear that. Here's a link to the story: 74-year-old Alaska man dies when ATV overturns in Delta River | Alaska News | newsminer.com

I was surprised, for some reason, to read that he was 74. Do you think when they said he was trapped in the cab that it was just a soft top and not a ROPS? In that case perhaps it was fine to be using on calm water. My question is, what's the Delta River like in that area?

The river is very swift and unseasonably high this year as we had a very rainy summer right into the fall. I have crossed it in my 6x6 Conquest and it was quite a ride. I have a new 750 hdi but I wouldn't try it this year. The water never warms up in this neck of the woods and I always wear a life jacket if the water is moving.

+ Reply to Thread