WTF ? Everytime i touch something i break (or find a broken) part !

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTF ? Everytime i touch something i break (or find a broken) part !

WTF ? Everytime i touch something i break (or find a broken) part !

Anyone know how to remove the stupid little tensioner arms that hold the nylon chain slider blocks ? I busted one putting a slide block on.. It's the arm on the opposite side of the chain from the spring. Not the arm the spring is attached To... Right now it's just sitting there and it looks like it doesn't matter much.. but my fear is if I steer & the chain pulls tight, if that arm spins around and binds into the chain I'm screwed.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

kinda confused here... but the whole chain tensioning thing works like this. there is a big pin that has the two lower and upper arms attached to it,there is then a spring on the pin that gives it movement if it needs to move.then it slides through the frame through a hole and into a shallow hole for the end to go in and then a pin does through the pin and the frame.

http://www.ezdecoymaker.com/Document...xle-chains.pdf
    scroll through the manual and you will see how it works or even better i just thought of this look in your operators manual since you find it hard reading stuff on these old computers

the pins through the arms are held in with cotter pins.i went through the same thing as you with my '96 conquest.i ended up buying the repair kits with all the parts to change out the whole assembly.

Ahh haa ! I couldnt see the damn cotter pin in all the build up of grease.. Thanks
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

+ Reply to Thread