carb problem or what

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: carb problem or what

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    Hi, I,m not a mechanic so what is the solonoide and the port. I learn with trial and error.
    Thank you
    solenoid will be the only part on the carb that has a wire going to it (assuming that your carb has one). you will remove it and clean the port that the solenoids needle blocks. also check that the solenoid is working properly. to do that, with it removed from the carb, touch the wire to battery positive and the case to negative. you should see the needle retract into the case. as a field fix if it isn't working correctly, cut the needle off with a pair of side cuts and reinstall the solenoid as a plug... at this point you don't even need to hook up the wire. if you do this the engine may backfire more when you shut it off, but it won't negatively impact how it runs. (FYI, it is known as an anti-backfire solenoid, and that is it's only true purpose)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hi, still have the same problem. after installing a new fuel filter it ran good for about 30 minutes then do the same. When the engine gets warmer it tend to stop and/or run bad. I play with the choke and will go for a few minutes then stops again. I play with the choke and the throttle and will go for a short while. could it be sucking air somewhere. I remember that last winter it was running bad and I partially blocked the hole on the air filter case and ran good. Did I put the inner air filter the wrong way, can it be a gasket somewhere that lets too much air after warming up. When I start the engine in the morning it always go good for a while. I think that if it would be a coil it can't cool off in a minutes. I don't know what to think
    Jack

what type of fuel pump? a diaphram pump that is going bad could cause those symptoms. a marine type squeeze bulb primer added into the fuel line may help diagnose (and make starting the machine easier if it sits for an extended time).
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Did you check the fuel tank vent line?

That is something I'm going to check today. The line goes from the tank to the back of the argo
    Jack

I don't know what type it is. But the argo always starts very well when it is cold. It is when it warms up that I have problem. I think that there is a crack in the valve cover, could that be the problem
    Jack

if you have a pulse type fuel pump, and the pulse line comes from the valve cover with the crack, it certainly could be the problem

Fuel pump is arm driven, check the fuel line hell check the back vent for mud/bees/ spider. If you run the engine til it dies and remove the cap (hearing suction) and it's good again, I'd say vent system.

Brian Kohler Aegis LH685, probably has the accelerator pump on the carb..

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Today it was worst. It ran for about 10 minutes than stopped or nearly stopped. I made it back on reverse with the choke on. It seems that the only way to make it run is with the choke on. I play with choke and throttle I could see fuel going throu it and sometimes it empties and fuel come back in the filter coming from the tank. Sometimes fuel comes throu and sometimes it stops. Does the fuel go in the filter continuoustly?
    Jack

The cracked valve ( not sure it is since it is where the bolt goes throu) is not the one with the fuel line. What is the pulse type fuel pump.
    Jack

+ Reply to Thread