Body swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body swap

Body swap

Stupid question but will a magnum upper fit on an old tb lower??

Yes, though backrest mount and tool box of Magnum are part of the lower. The firewalls are different and the Magnum upper would need altering or a carefully thought out altering of the T firewall, wiring off course different though adaptable with some thought...
    Yada yada yada.

Well..., provided the gas tanks and steering are on the same side. The outer circular dimensions of all pre Avenger/Frontiers are the same.

Thank you obviously a bigger job then im up for yet then just though it would open up more room for an engine swap

Absolutely, the seat in the Tecumseh will work if you use the seat back from that body like the early I/C's. Provided the sticks and gas tank are on the same side the rest should no be that bad with the firewall issue probably the worst, again the early I/C's were this way (upper body trimmed over wheel wells) so it is possible. The wiring should be easy adaptable and the Tec harness would probably need to be altered for a new engine anyhow.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

After reading this again maybe im mistaken perhaps the potential donor body wasnt amagnum at all .. It has the square headlights and raised body but the fire wall and seating appears the same atleast in the crappy picture he sent

Well if you take the time to remove the old upper and set the new one on you'll know what is involved, if you think you'll be overwhelmed simply rivet the old upper back on.
    If the body is an early I/C model it should be straight forward, I/C's are the only bodies with air slots across the nose plate.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Thank you it definitely has 6 air slots 3 either side of where a winch would mount i dont have it dont overly want to buy it if i cant make it work its 3hours away im sure i can figure it out but the repower is more nessisary blahh it would make that easier tho

Anyone got an idea what an I/C would go for ? No engine no trans assume the chains and bearings are shot? No wheels

I can't give you an idea, however.

The I/C has plenty of room for most engines , the frame is a tad stouter with a metal belly pan, hyd. brakes may have been high or hopefully low mounted in your case. Many drive line parts are interchangeable.

Thanks again jim i guess ill know more tomorrow bitthe bullet and going to pick it up for 250$ i would expect the axels should be worth that if i cant salvage any more ( cost 90 $ to build an idler in the spring...)

+ Reply to Thread