dash board

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dash board

dash board

anyone have any cool or neat dash boards? i would like to customize mine a little

Nothing really too crazy but here's what I did.
    To the far right is factory gauges, under them is aftermarket gauge console.
    Next is bilge pump switch. Choke was moved to right side.
    On left is rocker switch panel and then weatherproof cig lighter with USB
    Next project is winch switch and GPS mount
    Attached Images

Hey Curtis, does your oil temp gauge work ? Cuz' Mine doesn't..... i've never installed an oil temperature gauge before and so I have very little knowledge of how they actually work. But I did find a somewhat melted wire connection above the engine block and it looks like the other end of the wire goes in behind the shield on the engine so I think that might be it but i don't know.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

i will try to get a pic but it works just by a terminal eye around a bolt next to the oil pan in the bottom of the engine. its located right in front of the tranny down by the motor mounts. just feel that wire all the way up to see if there is any defects in it.

That looks real nice bigred.

Thanks - looking forward to more mods to the Bigfoot
    Love it!

Hey Curtis, this is the wire I was talking about i'm not sure if it is connected to the Oil temperature gauge but it's definitely crispy and I can't figure out what else it could be for..

IMG_3515.jpg
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

uh oh,is your argo charging the battery?? follow the wire ans see where it goes and tell me and let me know the color too.

Ugh.. i keep losing it in the harness, its a white wire, & so are most of them... but as far as the battery goes no I don't get good charge, I don't know if I'm getting any charging to be honest with you. We bought a brand-new battery in the week I got the Argo from the old man and it didn't charge after running it for a little while. So I've been charging it with a battery charger after every time I run it.. there's a big silver fuse connected to that wire I'll show you the pic. is that wire the one that charges the battery?

IMG_3518.jpg

yes follow the wire with the fuse on it,first check if the fuse is blown most chances it is due to the corrosion on the wire. where does the wire lead to on the engine... if its the regulator its the charge wire for sure. the regulator should look something like this and here is the wiring diagram for your model. if its white its the ignition coil but wire the wires good sometimes they get dirty. the charge wire should be yellow and a little bigger than the rest and leads to the solenoid.send some pics of what you find!!

+ Reply to Thread