Old Argo value?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Argo value?

Old Argo value?

My neighbor has an orange 8x8 argo he says has a kohler 440 in it. Its been sitting for about 10-15 years. Its going to need new tires and who knows what else. It ran when he parked it last (according to him). We're trying to figure out what a fair value is on it (I've loved amphibious vehicles since I was a kid). He says this one has a bench seat in the front, gas tank is under the front seat, and 2 benches in the back. Its all covered up so I havent had a look. Is there any idea what the value of something like this would be?

take a look take some pics and we will see.

I'm not sure he'll let me uncover it. I'll snap what I can of it and post them tonight. I dont know what year...the headlinghts are little round ones about 3". Silver rail around the back..

tires look to be 700$ for a new set...so I'm thinking it cant be worth more than a couple hundred bucks...but thats just a guess.

I'm not sure he'll let me uncover it
    Your neighbor wants to come up with a fair price, yet he might not let you uncover it? Sounds odd, unless there's more to the story.

The 'more to the story' is he's not sure he wants to let it go...and if he doesnt, then he doesnt want to mess with it. I've known him a while....he's got about 8 projects he's also going to fix up 'someday'. So its one of those that he may let it go....(probably depending on the price) or he might not, in which case he just wants to leave it covered up with the tarp...and then boards on top of the tarp. its not a simple matter of uncovering it as it is 'digging it out'. For my part...its got to be cheap with a near 700$ just for tires at this point....Anyone have ideas on year or value? My best guess is that its a 71 Argo 8 based on what I can find. I've not found any values for that though.

Value would be more opinion than market on this, for instance I learned to drive on a 76 440 8 wheeler ( probably not what a 12 year old learn to dive on, or drive) so one would be worth more to me than a few friendly members on here.

I'd imagine a 71 hard bodied 2 stroke survivor is pretty rare now days.

45 mph was a chore to handle in them.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

my guess is a 71. I'll get some pix tonight after work that I can see and maybe somoene here can identify it. I've always loved them. I'd love to fix it up but the Goodyear Muck...something tires looked to be 80$ per tire, x8 tires...its got an ODG in the grill in the front...it looks like the rear has a cutaway for an outboard or trolling motor. I'll get pix and see what can be discovered about it. I'd love to have it to work on with my boy and have it to knock around with my family. I have kids 8, 6, 4, and 2.... Hopefully they can all fit in the back I will say that I'd be excited to join the amphib community. I've always wanted one.

If I do get it...I'm going to live in the forums...because I've never owned one...never worked on one...and I expect its going to need a LOT of love.
    Last edited by Tremmorkeep; 10-13-2016 at 06:15 PM.

I picked up a 1987 8x8 a few years back in similar shape. I ended up putting new tires, new chains, a new battery, fuel pump, and a few other misc. things. I bought it from a neighbor also and paid $350 for it. But it also came with super tracks. I spent many hours on the forum learning about it and I'm glad I did as I learned how to repair it inside out. If you can get it for a couple hundred bucks it would be worth it. Have fun. Your patience will be tested.

+ Reply to Thread