mid chains

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mid chains

mid chains

just got back from a rabbit hunt,got one rabbit by the way but the mid chains under the floor boards are doing alot of rubbing on my feet/ floor board and i was wondering if this is normal? its new chain and they are pretty tight and i dont have the tensioners installed becuase i figured they were good till i loosen them abit! also when i neutral for example or any gear when i idle up there is a whistle noise as it spools up and down. dont recall hearing this ever but just wanted to check in!

The tensioners don't only provide tension, but they also keep the chain from flopping around so much. To me it sounds like you should have cut the chains a link longer so they wouldn't be too tight and made use of the tensioners from the get-go. If you want you can pick up a couple half-links, install them on the center chains, install your tensioners and see if it improves the situation. As for the sound in the tranny, could just be natural gear whine due to straight cut gears, but I'm not sure.

Put the scissor type slack adjusters on as that is all they do, take up slack ( no real tensioning there). It is normal as the chain wears to get some floor slap as the chains wear, now it should be minimal, do not change link count as the springs and tensioners should fit no problem.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

the whistle noise comes from the left side engine compartment. so just put the take up system on and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    the whistle noise comes from the left side engine compartment. so just put the take up system on and see if that helps
    Is there 80-90 weight gear oil in the transmission? Is it at the proper level ( checked after sitting about an hour)?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

yes 80w-90 will check level later

+ Reply to Thread