argo top

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo top

argo top

how do i make a quick convertible top that will just keep the rain off.im going to the cabin and of-course it speaks for rain...

I made a canopy by mounting a loop behind the seat same height as the windshield. Cover snaps to the windshield and goes over the loop bar and can tie it to the rear to cover my load or straight down to keep my box open.
    On a nice day i fold it up and keep it in the box.

PVC pipe, fittings and a cheap tarp. Make frame from PVC pipe and fittings, hold tarp on with bungee cords and rope or ratchet straps.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    PVC pipe, fittings and a cheap tarp. Make frame from PVC pipe and fittings, hold tarp on with bungee cords and rope or ratchet straps.
    Hahaha! We did that very thing to one of Gil's machines on the mountain during a very rainy weekend, we used pvc, a tarp, duct tape and a Max II windshield.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Rock Doc has a great cheap idea....Willows rope and a tarp..
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I made one in September with 4 willows, a tarp, parachord, and a bunch of quick clamps I'd been using to keep the tarps down on 2 machines. Duct taped 2 willows together oopposing at the tops and bent into a hoop. Made a second one of those. Tied the first hoop to the sides by the seat with parachord, tied the second hoop right where windshield would go. Ran one length of parachord from the hoops to the front under tension to keep everything alighned. Tossed tarp on and held with the quick clamps.

Sounds like a permanent top.

i have one made up using that black water hose flexible stuff a tarp and zip ties... cant find my camera so pics are pending......

just finished my homemade top, pink foam board and fiberglass

the frame of my convertible top!

+ Reply to Thread