2002 Argo Conquest 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Argo Conquest 8x8

2002 Argo Conquest 8x8

Hello all. New member here. I picked up a 2002 Conquest 8x8 from a buddy for a steal. It has a couple issues that I will want to address next spring. All 8 shaft seals leak (quoted $600 to have that fixed) I also want to install a larger bilge pump, install an oil pump to change engine oil without draining it into tub and put a better electronics control panel in. I've also got a chain slap on the floor panel in the back (especially when the tracks are on). Anybody made these upgrades? Any other mods you suggest?

I'm running a fully enclosed cab. Can heater. Super tracks.

if your planning on doing seals yourself it wont be 600$ it will be more like 80-90$$.and since you need new chain you will need to take axles out anyways so you can change the seals while your at it! trust me do it yourself and you will save a lot unless you just want to get it done by Argo which i would rather burn my money then let them do it when its that easy. for the bilge pump go right ahead with that idea! you can modify a bottle to fit in there to hold the oil when draining or get a pump and suck it up through! for the chains as i said do them now or you will damage sprockets which equals more money so pay for the chains now take every axle out examine the bearings by moving the axle up,down,left,right for any play.any play equals bad bearings and with tracks wear has a tenancy to happen more.i just rebuilt my magnum similar to yours so any help needed and me and some other will gladly help you! send some pics of your ride!!

Do I have to remove the engine to change the front seals/chain?

No. You don't need to pull the power pack. Take out the firewall cover and reach inside. It is a lot of bending over and some arm reaching, but it is not to bad. You will need to remove the battery and battery tray from the right front corner. You get to it from the firewall too. 9/16" wrench and sockets.

If you need to replace bearing you can go ahead and upgrade them to the larger 72mm bearing with an adapter kit from Adair Argo.

And what does one gain going to the HDI bearings? I watched the RockDoctor HDI conversion. How do the HDI seal out water? And what do I lose if I stay standard bearings?

bigger and tougher bearing,also the kits are cheaper! (they last longer)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger2506 View Post
    And what does one gain going to the HDI bearings? I watched the RockDoctor HDI conversion. How do the HDI seal out water? And what do I lose if I stay standard bearings?
    Good question Ruger I have converted my early Avenger over to the new brg style and have not got a ton of hours on them yet probably 100 hrs so far no issue the new brgs seal to the hull the normal way with gaskets and are said to have very good sealing internally in the bearing themselves sealing to the axle is jus close tolerance and probably more that they get a combo of rust and dirt but they seal well,advantages we will see they are more expensive and suppose to last better no worries about grasses and weeds wrapping the axle and doing in the seals on the old style brg hub and no issues with the axles getting worn in the seal area but as far as how long they last will take time to sort out,I have went out on a limb before about how long my bearings(old stlye) lasted and got the limb cut off so I will only go as far as this in my particular circumstance I see very little deep mud/bog but do travel good distances and a pile of water use and with regular greasing had great service life again in my particular situation with the old style no way I will ever say how many hours they lasted got flamed about that once, too early to tell if I made the proper choice as moving to the new bearings required trimming the lower tub so going back not a option fingers crossed that they are as good as touted less parts but more expensive at least Canada side.Cheers NCT

Good to know. Thanks. I use my Argo for tons of applications. Including long distance backwoods trips to lakes and then motor across the lake (into the lake) and fish out of the Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger2506 View Post
    Good to know. Thanks. I use my Argo for tons of applications. Including long distance backwoods trips to lakes and then motor across the lake (into the lake) and fish out of the Argo.
    Sounds very similar to my useage I cross a lake to access my camp and go from there back a few lakes to chase Bass every trip back and forth jus to the cabin is 30 minutes in the drink use a good quality Marine grade grease and enjoy your trips.NCT

So Adair has all the parts list and knowledge for the upgrade? I can call them tomorrow and tell them what I'm doing and they'll put together a complete package?

+ Reply to Thread