Winch problems just started...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Winch problems just started...

UPDATE !
    O.k, so its working ! But when i tell you guys how i "fixed it" you will likely say im either an idiot or full of crap... i tried hooking up jumper cables directly to the batery from the posts on the winch, to see if it would turn with direct power. It did not, it ark'd and the cables got hot, like if you were to hook poss to neg.. so i thought the winch must be "stuck" ... so i used a leather glove to cushion the blows and tapped the winch motor with a hammer all over it.. then i hit it with power and it turned about a quarter turn and stopped again, i repeated the tapping over and over again until when I hit it with power it turn freely in either direction , so I let out a whole bunch and then wound it all up.
    Here's to hoping it continues to work in the future.
    As always, Thanks for the help guys.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

sometimes thats all anything needs whether it is an object or a human lol

Good to hear, I forgot about the k.i.s.s. method all together.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

This happened to my winch. I had my boffin look at it and it was a poor cheap solenoid. He opened the box and said right away they the solenoid was a cheap one and not up to the job. He changed it and we have never had a problem since. We have recently fitted a winch at the rear as well, for loading deer and changed the cheap nasty solenoid with a decent one before we fitted it. Ebay winches are great value, but they save money on low cost parts and the weakest of these is the solenoid, and it does aload of work

+ Reply to Thread