axle seals

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: axle seals

axle seals

ok got my new seals,first punched them in the the double grease port flange and was good,tried it on the older single port flange and its a loose fit(i can see through it when i pull it to one side.also do the single grease port flange only use one seal? also if the looseness normal,its loose on every part of the axle not just one area of the axle.

One seal only on the single grease fitting style and yes they are different seals I cant remember its been so long but I think the single seals were green colored from Argo and the doubles were a yellowish or maybe the outer in the double was different cant remember but for sure the single grease fitting had one seal only and they were greenish.NCT

i have some older green ones but they wont go in there,they are the same size as the top or last seals.they new ones were yellowish and there are no other ones i can buy.

i founf the old type seals and they are 22$ each,i think i may just upgrade to the new double grease port flanges as my old ones get bad $33 with seals punched in is the cost of the new flanges! what do you think i should do?

???

I would upgrade so I could buy the cheaper seals in the future. I can't remember there being a different seal in the older flanges. Thought it was the same as the inner on new flange.

+ Reply to Thread