Used Argo Buying Advice!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Argo Buying Advice!

Used Argo Buying Advice!

Hi Folks:

New to the site. Have had numerous ATV's and Side by Sides and snowmobiles over the years.......but getting ready to make the plunge into the Argo lifestyle.

Given that I am not sure how much I will use it, I am pretty certain my first argo will be used. I was thinking an 8x8, something less than 10 years old.

Were there any particular years where there were major improvements that would justify staying away from anything older?

I am hoping I can get something in really good shape for under 15K CAD with some accessories included.

Any advise on specific years to look for? or specific issues for certain model years? any info would be appreciated on models 10 years old and newer.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the late 90's conquests are the oldest that can be retrofitted up to the HDI bearings and axles, that would be the starting models I would look at. You should be able to get something 2010 and up in that price range. check out the site there is a buyers guide that gives good checks when looking for a machine. Only thing on newer Argos that I can think of to watch for would be 2010-12 HDI units had some trouble with the Admiral tranny. Happy Hunting!

I always reccomended that if the seller will allow it to pay a dealer or reputable shop do the inspection. I see so many just purchased vehicles come in with thousands of dollars in needed repairs. If you are doing the inspection yourself at least lift all tires off the ground and check for any play in axles and bearings. You should not feel any movement at the wheels. I would try to go with a vehicle newer than the conquest to get the newer transmission

With a budget in and around 15 large it puts you in the game to acquire a Avenger 8x8 with toys on it and or a HDI admiral transmission unit with a little less toys either are a great machine neither have been a bad machine the Admiral transmission HDi unit has their latest state of the art transmission but the Avenger has a older tried and true design that has proven tough,but I would do some serious shopping around at dealers I would think you could buy a lesser model 8x8 with a air cooled motor as opposed to the liquid cooled Avenger/HDi damn near new if not new for around the dollar figure that you are talking about either way you should end up with a low hour unit if used low hours in my world is 200 to 500.Cheers NCT

+ Reply to Thread