Manual Windshield Wiper

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manual Windshield Wiper

Manual Windshield Wiper

Hi, guys!

I'm thinking about installing a manual windshield wiper on my 2005 Avenger. The kit is from Argo Adventures, (MANUAL HD WIPER 14".) I've read the installation manual, and it appears to be pretty straight-forward. Has anyone here installed/used one on their machine? If so, were the results satisfactory?

Thanks, in advance!

Yes I have one one it works just fine. It will stow in the windshield channel when the top is off. With the top on it will just hang vertical on the windshield. If you look at your windshield frame you will understand what I am saying. Works just fine for clearing windshield.

I bought one a few years ago on ebay for my conquest.it was for a Kawasaki side by side and it fit great and works better then the piece of garbage electric one from argo.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    I bought one a few years ago on ebay for my conquest.it was for a Kawasaki side by side and it fit great and works better then the piece of garbage electric one from argo.
    Amen to that Plott I had two of them both garbage carried a squeegee with me.NCT

Thank you very much for the input!

Another vote from me, tough and works great, really adjustable and large sweep range. Only once I thought about having the electric one since it was raining pretty good, I think I will try to Rain X the windshield instead.
    I lost the wiper blade plowing some nasty brush and it was easily replaced with a larger 15" wiper you would get for any car, clipped right in solid.

Great idea, Sparx! I believe I'll get a 15" to install from the get-go! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    Looks identical to the one I got from ArgoAdventure cept this one looks completely stainless which is nice if that's what a guy prefers? Mine was black.
    I also bought a 16" blade to try and fit, looks like it would be close though. 15" fit easy so it added to it's sweep area nicely.

Be very careful drilling the hole bigger, I have personally watched many mechanics crack the windshields during this drilling process! I was super delicate on drilling mine myself and never had an issue. The holes aren't big enough factory to fit these arms, just drill up one bit at a time and take your time.

Can you elaborate on the issues you had with the electric wiper? I have one on mine and so far issue free

+ Reply to Thread