Argo Review on Dirt Trax Television

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Review on Dirt Trax Television

Argo Review on Dirt Trax Television

Just ran across this video and don't think it's been posted:

The one part that gets me is when he says "there is one feature in the must-have column only an Argo can deliver. Full amphibious mobility." Have they never heard of the other brands? Wouldn't you think that Dirt Trax would know that? I don't want to be picky but that is like say only Ford offers four-wheel drive in its pickup trucks.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Wonder what the improvements are coming in the future?

COOL STUFF, NEXT WOULD BE SUSPENSION. that is what will make this sport take off. a factory suspension

Agree...factory suspension

going back to route6x6
    Last edited by gearhead; 07-20-2017 at 08:05 AM.

true they need to stop turning these things into cute fast machines instead of the older hard working ugly and tough.like look at that argo its a sin to even get it dirty and muddy i would only see it on a road or for shwoing off to people it just wouldent be something to take in mud and haul people out and do work no doubt that its capable off but they are just to stylish, to me the new Argo isnt even an Argo any more with the new features for city people and not bush people, and not to mention the price.... they need to keep it simple and tough and forget making features that have nothing to do with being 20 miles in the bush!

It's an environment where everyone is catering to the urban crowd. I was talking to a friend the other day about four wheeling with Jeeps and Scouts. He mentioned to me that he had a vehicle that could challenge my custom I.H. Scout. I listened to him talk about superior power to weight ratio, computer controlled traction control and down hill descent control. Before we could go offroad he called me asking if I could tow him out of a ditch. It seems his Mercedes ML550 spun out on a little patch of ice and went off the rural hiway he was on into a ditch. When I got there I laughed the entire time as I attached a tow chain and with one slight tug pulled him back to the road. This guy didn't even know that his Mercedes was AWD only and there wasn't even a low range. I had him jump into my passenger seat and took him on a short jaunt through the same ditch he had been stuck in as well as a deeper and muddy track further down the road. He is about an average consumer and was more concerned about appearance and options than true off road capabilities. I've thought that Argo is more concerned about tapping into market now than the traditional hard core swamp and bog crowd.

I think they are trying to appeal to more off-road users ... More appeal = more sales. Which unfortunately does make good business sense . They will really have to start to watch the price though ..., reason I ordered a scout 6x6 ST as I wanted the admiral tranny but not willing to spend 26000 Canadian on an 8 wheeler to get it .

+ Reply to Thread