Rear LED Work Light Bar recommendations

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear LED Work Light Bar recommendations

Rear LED Work Light Bar recommendations

Greetings,
    I am the new owner of a 1996 Response, I purchased it for plowing my steeeeeeeep driveway, after back surgery this year I am unable to muscle around my old Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin and thought the Argo would fit the bill.
    Since I would be sitting "in" the ATV not "on" the ATV I asked the local dealer to install a rollbar or a "light bar" as he refers to it. He fabricated the bar with 5 inch around tube and I have two forward facing flood lights, the only problem is when I am backing down the driveway I am in total darkness, so I am looking to install a small 24" or smaller LED light bar facing the ream with combo flood/spot, white and amber lights would be best, but I have having trouble finding mounts that will fit around the 5" tube.
    Any recommendations for brackets and bars would be appreciated.

Regards,
    GJS

GJS, do you have an example of the light that you are trying to mount? If we can take a look at one you are thinking about, we can probably link or describe a way to mount it. Also, how are the existing lights mounted?

Well I did attach pictures of my machine, but they do not show.
    I am considering this https://www.ebay.com/itm/401210792059

Quote Originally Posted by Santanig5 View Post
    Well I did attach pictures of my machine, but they do not show.
    I am considering this https://www.ebay.com/itm/401210792059
    I think it will fail, it's a cheap bar with Epistar LEDs/drivers made in Tiawan...Spend the money on something with American made CREE LEDS. Vibration is a killer on cheap electronics and that EBay bar will be flickering in no time on an argo. CREE LEDs are on average 30% brighter than the same power rated Epistar LEDS. The Epistar LEDs are ok when new, but they fade within 1000hrs (sometimes less than 100) and will never last anywhere near the 30,000 hours claimed where genuine CREE will last 50,000 or more.

Light bars are definatley a case of you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    I think it will fail, it's a cheap bar with Epistar LEDs/drivers made in Tiawan...Spend the money on something with American made CREE LEDS. Vibration is a killer on cheap electronics and that EBay bar will be flickering in no time on an argo. CREE LEDs are on average 30% brighter than the same power rated Epistar LEDS. The Epistar LEDs are ok when new, but they fade within 1000hrs (sometimes less than 100) and will never last anywhere near the 30,000 hours claimed where genuine CREE will last 50,000 or more.

Thanks for the info Zuk, I will keep that in mind. I would not have thought it so hard to find and LED bar with white and amber lights setup with both spot and flood, but I was wrong. Now I will add CREE to that search.

my solution
    Racing the Reaper
    GJS

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post

Great info CZ Iam fortunate most that I bought lately have been cree but some are not Bummer.NCT

+ Reply to Thread