!50 years of Argo!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: !50 years of Argo!

Yeah that's American money, the one I saw here was $37,000 Canadian. Keeping in mind that we make pretty much the same hourly rates as you guys do but our dollar is worth less. The payment plan I was looking into works out to around $300. a month (+ 13% tax) for 10 years. !!!
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    For that kind of money, a person could buy a well equipped Mudd Ox Vengeance. More H.P., better balance, better equipped, with some aftermarket tracks, and it's made in America. I think Argo has raised the bar too high on many of these machines in an effort to compete directly with UTVs. I am not sure how much market there is for an almost $30k AATV. I may be wrong, will have to wait and see. I think most people would as soon spend that $30k on a vehicle.
    A buddy of mine bought a Polaris RZR side by side shortly after I bought my avenger. I think when we last checked he was about the same price as my argo ($27K), by the time he took the base model, and added tracks, winch, skid plate, rock guards, upgraded seat belts, and I think a couple of other minor improvements for it. IMO, the argo is still a superior machine, as it will go further and haul more.. Even though the RZR will win every day in a race, since we all know argo's aren't the speediest machine on the planet. Each machine has it's purpose, and place in the market.

All 50 of these units were sold out in just a few weeks, and only aprox. 20 came into the states. Pic doesn't do this justice on how cool the mossy oak "country" camo is.Some of the special features only found on the 50th are ,special 50th badgeing,black trim,cool mossy oak country camo,and last but not least...... heated handgrips and seats.

Wow! Very sharp looking rig. I really like those high back seats with the side pads.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I think we will see lots of changes to Argo including it moving to the US now that the US owns them not that it's a bad thing just sad to be able to drive by the plant whenever I wanted to lol
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

us makes argo now... WHAT?

Yes as of July last year a US company has purchased ODG
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

How come?

But will the Argo remain made in Canada and the transmissions be made in us?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    For that kind of money, a person could buy a well equipped Mudd Ox Vengeance. More H.P., better balance, better equipped, with some aftermarket tracks, and it's made in America. I think Argo has raised the bar too high on many of these machines in an effort to compete directly with UTVs. I am not sure how much market there is for an almost $30k AATV. I may be wrong, will have to wait and see. I think most people would as soon spend that $30k on a vehicle.
    Fact is Noel that you can buy a Argo 8 base with a EFI aircooled for in and around the mid 16 K mark before taxes CAD or about 12 to 13k USD so there is still good value if you dont want all the glitz and glamour.NCT

+ Reply to Thread