8X8 Argo tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8X8 Argo tracks

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    lithail, i think adding more spacers is a good try. i also had problems of my adair tracks slapping the tub, as many do. in order not to rub holes in the tub, i attached some 3/16'' thick white plastic uhmv under the tub. the tracks slid very easy on it,and it won't wear down for a long time. mcmaster carr sells it in different lenghts and widths. maybe this would work for you. johnboy
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to install metal rails on the outside bolted to a bracket on the inside. I i am going to connect it to the main steel chassis and force the outside upwards. I will upload photo's when I have that complete.

Awesome!! Good thinking!!
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Quick update

I have now fixed the tracks and modified the Argo with steel brackets inside and and a rail along the outside. we gained about 2 inches of clearance. Here of some pictures of the inside steel brackets. I will be covering the rear brackets with plastic pipe or something. The front ones are in the engine bay.

argo4.jpgargo2.jpgargo3.jpgargo1.jpg

nice job and you solved the clearance problem. will you need to tie the two together with a cross piece somehow so they don't sag ? good luck and enjoy the tracks. johnboy va. p.s. wish we would get some snow !!!

I am not going to tie them in together as of yet . I was trying to keep the cargo space but if I have to tie them together I will do it near the bottom. Hopefully I can drive it tonight. If your in Ontario. Yea we need snow bad.

If you are in Ontario. Do you know how I can get an ownership?

Hello Lithail, you can tie the sides together with the bars for your bottom seat bracket, just use heavy wall tubing rather than the stock thin wall tubing. I did this to cure body sag on an older Magnum I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithail View Post
    I am not going to tie them in together as of yet . I was trying to keep the cargo space but if I have to tie them together I will do it near the bottom. Hopefully I can drive it tonight. If your in Ontario. Yea we need snow bad.

If you are in Ontario. Do you know how I can get an ownership?
    That you would have to get in touch with the factory in New Hamburg about they can guide you thru getting a ownership if you have the original serial plate intact and readable.NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    That you would have to get in touch with the factory in New Hamburg about they can guide you thru getting a ownership if you have the original serial plate intact and readable.NCT
    I went through this, any Argo dealer can help you (you need to bring the Argo with you). If you do not have the original serial plate they will need the serial number from the transmission to look up the build date and model. Then they will issue you a certificate of origin that you take to the DMV to get an ownership with. many older Argos sold in Ontario were never registered at all, they just went from the dealer to the farm.

+ Reply to Thread