lights install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: lights install

Here's 2 cents from a newbi in 6x6 but old timer in work boats and fishing gear for my fishing boat I use led lights from superbrightleds.com they have a assortment of high output led lights that are low wattage we use the rgb lights for the general lighting on the deck for working at night. The reason is so we don't need 4 batteries to run the electronics and lights Hope this is some help.

like this but 6 lights instead of 9
    The light in your link is a 27 watt.....still only a little over 2 amps.

Is the lumens good in compared to the amps.

i threw out the box it came in....

OK. after searching on google i found the exact one. it says 18W.
    the switch is 2 prong similar to the one at the bottom. i will read the amps on the switch to be sure but this one says 20 amps.would that be good?also should i add an inline fuse. im not tying into the original lights as well.

a 20 amp switch will work fine. Your local hardware or auto parts store should have a switch that will work for you. A fuse is always a good idea to protect the circuit.

stupid question but what size fuse. 15amp?

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    Is the lumens good in compared to the amps.
    No Lumens is how Brite thy are. Lumens VS Candle power

stupid question but what size fuse. 15amp?
    Curtis remember we're operating on the assumption that your lights have a similar current draw as the example you posted.....a little over 2 amps. I'm no electrician, but I think the fuse should only be enough to cover the continuous draw of the lights plus any surge......and I don't know if led lights cause any surge or not. Unless someone here has better advice, I would probably stick a 5 amp fuse in it, but keep a 7.5 handy just in case. For that matter, you should carry extra fuses of all types in your machine just in case.

Ok here is a little LED input. First thy do not surge when turned on. Lumins is how the brightness is rated. Also thy do not produce Heat like a regular light. Also a side note. If you use LED on the same line WITH regular lights the led will NOT be as bright as thy should be do to the BIGGER amp draw of the other lights. If you run ALL led lights thy will be rite up to spec !

+ Reply to Thread