lights install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: lights install

ok so im not buying fuse or relay! just hook it up the the switch. how do i wire it to a two prong or three prong switch?

Run the ground wire from the LED directly to a ground. Either you can tie to another ground wire or attach to a convenient metal part of the frame. From your power source, run a wire to one prong on the switch. attach the positive wire from the LED to the other prong on the switch.

If the switch has 3 prongs, look at the box for instructions. It should tell you which two prongs will close the circuit, or you can test it with an ohm meter.

ok, here is the correct info on the lights.

12V
    SIX 3 WATT LED lights
    1200 LUMENS

it says 27 watts on the box. so do i need fuse or relay?

If it was me, I'd install a 5 amp fuse as close to the power source as possible. I wouldn't waste my time with a relay.

ok thanks.so the 2 black wires join and go to a ground a the 2 postives join and go to one prong on the switch with a wire going to the + battery to the other prong? where do i insert the fuse? on what wire?

A fuse would go in the + line. So put it in the positive wire BEFORE the SWITCH. That way if the switch fails your protected !
    I would use a ATC in line fuse holder as you can get those with a Weather pack covering on them.

i have one with a 1 amp fuse... can i9 take that fuse out and just put the 5 amp one in.

Where is the fuse located ? If it powers the light switch I would say Yes.
    As long as you protecting the light system you tapping into you will be ok. These LED lights Don't draw any AMPs to worry about that's for sure !

i just have one lying around... its not hooked up to anything. btw these lights are going on my 04 honda foreman. could i just wire it to the stock light switch? i just bought a toggle switch and it says 10A 125VAC
    15A 12VDC
    THESE #S ARE FOR EACH PRONG(ONLY 2 PRONGS).. SO AM I GOOD TO GO WITH THIS SWITCH? sorry for the cap lock i didnt realize lol.

If these are going on your Honda then I would say Yes as thy have a Fused Light circuit already built in. Also these light will Not draw anywhere near the amps the stock head light draws !
    I would tie it in and do a test run then you can check to see if any wire's are getting warm ? But I would bet ya thy won't.
    If you want just start the Honda and then see if the charging light comes on at idle ?
    There is Nothing wrong with wanting to play it safe that's for sure !

+ Reply to Thread