lights install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: lights install

What is the amp rating on the switch ?

i just bought a toggle switch and it says 10A 125VAC
    15A 12VDC
    THESE #S ARE FOR EACH PRONG(ONLY 2 PRONGS).
    the numbers say that on top of each prong.

Ok so your switch is rated at 15 amps. Now Your lights will have a amp rating also. So add the two light amp ratings together and if it is below 15 amps your good to go !
    I am sure it will be ok as I sell just regular toggles all the time with the LEDs I sell at work.

it says on the box 27 watts. is that for each or two of them together? it says there a 6 three watt leds in each one.

Watts are Not Amps. You need to se what the AMP DRAW is per light.

i dont know how to calculate it though

Math time. P=IV where P = Power in Watts, I = Current in Amps and V = Voltage in Volts. If you are trying to figure out amps, solve for I. I=P/V If you have 18 Watts of LEDs running on a 12 Volt system, divide 18/12 and you get 1.5 Amps.

ok thanks,im actually here "studying" math now.... more or less studying this site. thanks mike!!

+ Reply to Thread