Argo falling behind

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Argo falling behind

Does not matter what the price will be, if the Rampage gets production, it will sell. Look at what people spend on toys now. $60K holiday trailer with 80K truck to pull it, Cottage at the lake,20-50K Harley, 50-100k boats sell like crazy, ect. If anything has cool factor Price does not seem to matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTGUN View Post
    Does not matter what the price will be, if the Rampage gets production, it will sell. Look at what people spend on toys now. $60K holiday trailer with 80K truck to pull it, Cottage at the lake,20-50K Harley, 50-100k boats sell like crazy, ect. If anything has cool factor Price does not seem to matter anymore.
    Yea good point shotgun and everything is on the never never plan dollar down no payments Bla Bla Bla what ever happened to owning anything,got a lesson a while back it used to be what you owned and was paid for meant something went to buy some furniture on a time payment and was turned down hadn't established a credit history.why because I paid cash for everything I own dont owe nothin got a cottage a farm various vehicles all fairly new,sleds,aatv,s ,boats you name it all paid for and cash in the bank but was refused weird so jus paid cash and went home.NCT

Very neat; I would love to have one or even just drive one! Hopefully this will inspire ODG to get creative...

Argo falling behind?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear894 View Post
    Very neat; I would love to have one or even just drive one! Hopefully this will inspire ODG to get creative...
    Sure it would be great if you got a chance to drive one but your most frequent passenger has been know to accuse you of going too fast now. rofl:

Another thing to consider is toughness...Argos are bloody tough...Polaris is not, trust me I've owned Polaris quads and they break easily....I don't own them any more...

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    All of o sudden My Springer kits sound pretty reasonable @ $6500.

Whipper

Whippers kit and tracks and still floats.and less than 20k US.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6xtXUuHMbU
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by snorth88 View Post
    Another thing to consider is toughness...Argos are bloody tough...Polaris is not, trust me I've owned Polaris quads and they break easily....I don't own them any more...
    You don't want to be talking to this guy about Polaris toughness, trust me... LOL. Sorry it did not work out for you, but many would say Argo's aren't tough and a pain in the butt for maintenance as well. All in the eye of the beholder. I for one own something of almost every brand, make, and model or at least have tried and worked on them extensively. If I really did have to pick one brand, it would be Polaris and I'm not very brand loyal at any level.

As for the Springer, I think it's awesome but hate CV's. I have broken Gorilla Axles so I have lost faith in CV's all together. Those a-Arms are way too much of a drag in through the skeg as well and I'm sure would affect swimming quite a bit but would love to see a video of a fully tracked Springer swimming to the level of the Rampage or Escargo/Adair equipped Argo.

my pop had a 1998 6 by 6 polaris and it still works but i would never buy thier quads or skidoos.... they are junk in my eyes but good side by sides

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    my pop had a 1998 6 by 6 polaris and it still works but i would never buy thier quads or skidoos.... they are junk in my eyes but good side by sides
    I personally had an 2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS and we have a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 Carb, for sleds I had a 2002 Polaris 700 Edge X and a 2004 Polaris Pro XR 800. All were amazing machines in every way especially in the regards to durability. Oh yeah a 1991 Polaris Indy 650 triple as well. Call me lucky, and unlucky in the sense I was sitting on a 1989 Honda 300 TRXFWF when the motor blew up. If it has bearings and seals your all on the same page, they can all fail...

The Polaris Rampage uses the Rzr 1000 motor that is very well proven. Their is a reason they have such a big presence in the military, it isn't just by mistake or because they offered a deal of the century. But hey, we definitely are all entitled to our own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by snorth88 View Post
    X2

+ Reply to Thread