Argo falling behind

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Argo falling behind

Argo falling behind

I know this may be old to some, but this is the direction Argo should have taken before Polaris beat them to it if they wanted to compete with the SxS market and keep the amphibious aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWE5mGN6cw

Guaranteed Argo will take a big hit in sales if Polaris ever does release these for under $30,000 CAN$. I know I would trade mine in a heartbeat. Only thing I see Argo having an advantage is seating capacity which could be easily fixed on the back of the Rampage.
    Last edited by Sparx; 02-11-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Your right - $ will be the driving factor. Just looking at the video it's clear that is an expensive machine. I wonder what Argo's new CEO will do in this arena?

That thing looks awfully expensive.

LOL ya built for the military, under 30K read my lips never going to happen 30 K might buy you one side of the track system,neat vehicle I will give you that luv to have one in my garage but I guarantee the price point will make a Argo look like penny's on the dollar.NCT

Well you have to think of it this way, most parts are mass produced that cost the most... Rzr1000 motor, trasmission as such let alone the heater and A/C. Them tracks look cheap to me, not much different then a rear snowmobile or dirt bike track setup in a bit larger scale. Even the number of shocks in the track assembly is low and they look relatively simple.
    It would definitely be the hydraulic setup added the majority of the weight and cost no doubt. But then again look at the Mudd Ox? So I think a bare model would be possible under $30,000. Especially if they used a cheaper model motor and trans. A 570 DOHC setup would have more power then our Argo's.

not only that if you go back a couple years and look at the price of a new max IV and a stock rzr ,
    its the same price. I myself would rather go fast thats why i have the best of both worlds.

For me it's more just the fact it has suspension. My 3yr old boy likes to come with me and the rough ride of the Argo gets to him over time. He'll pull me over and point to the SXS to ride when we get back to the yard.
    The going fast part will be awesome for winter and scouting new hunting territory and putting some miles down. Once I seen how well it swam in the video with the tracks I was completely sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    not only that if you go back a couple years and look at the price of a new max IV and a stock rzr ,
    its the same price. I myself would rather go fast thats why i have the best of both worlds.
    All of o sudden My Springer kits sound pretty reasonable @ $6500.

Whipper

Question is with those how well does it float and can you put tracks on that? It is imperative to me that an Argo floats and swims on tracks.
    I've been there and done that in muskeg with suspension like that on SxS with my 6x6 Ranger. It doesn't fair so well and hangs up bad.

Why aren't my photo's working without opening them up in a new window?

+ Reply to Thread