oil pan heater

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil pan heater

oil pan heater

anyone ever installed a oil pan heater on an argo.id like to do this....nice addon for winter! better question did anyone ever put one on a magnum engine.is it dangerous or unsafe,does it work?

I use to use them on the racecar to help the engine reach temp early in the racing season. Alky engines are cold harted ! LOL!!
    Never ran one on a V-Twin before but I know thy sell all types. Even a Dipstick unit.
    Would you have the room for one ?

Here is a style that would fit in the tight area of the engine compartment..
    Proheat Products : Fluid reservoir pad heaters

Keep in mind that you are only dealing with a couple of liters of oil max! This one is 75 watts and good up for about 2 quarts...

Haven't used one on an Argo but I simply take a covered work light with a 60W bulb and lay it under my Can Am Commander. Used it down to -20F. I would imagine you could do something similar by sliding it between the engine and hull.
    Last edited by crossbowme; 02-18-2017 at 12:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread