WIDTH?? 2006 Argo Avenger with 18'' Rubber Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WIDTH?? 2006 Argo Avenger with 18'' Rubber Tracks

WIDTH?? 2006 Argo Avenger with 18'' Rubber Tracks

Hey Guys-
    Looking to pick up an Argo Avenger with the 18'' rubber tracks. How wide is that unit?
    I'll also need to buy a trailer and wondering is a 6'4 width trailer is wide enough??
    Thanks in advance guys!

Welcome to the site Ranger I don't have that model but a quick search of that model says that it is 60 inches, That is with tires so not sure about the tracks how much they stick out but if the unit is 60 that gives you 16 inches to spare on the trailer you mentioned. My older machine with 20 inch tracks just fits on a six foot trailer with sides.

Thanks Aahicnow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger007 View Post
    Hey Guys-
    Looking to pick up an Argo Avenger with the 18'' rubber tracks. How wide is that unit?
    I'll also need to buy a trailer and wondering is a 6'4 width trailer is wide enough??
    Thanks in advance guys!
    It'll be tight bud, I had one and believe I was right around 70" wide. The width of the trailer is that inside width between the rails? Enclosed or open deck style?
    I've had mine on a double wide snowmobile trailer with ease. Some of the small utility/ATV style trailers with high guard rails could pose an issue.
    My rule of thumb is deck over wheels trailer and you are safe. trying to fit it in between trailer tires low is tight.

Sparx-Thanks for the reply.
    It's 76 inches inside rails. I'm looking at an 'open' trailer with 3'6'' mesh rails around the perimeter.
    I might have to pull an audible and look for more of a flat bed trailer. It would really be nice to have a trailer with slight rails on it for hauling misc crap(pallets, deer blinds, lime, etc) to and from my hunting property.

Figure on 72 wide, a 76 open trailer works fine as long as you know where the 72 inches is.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I just measured my trailer and I have 73 1/2" wide to get my argo on, and it fits fine. That is from the inside of the wheel well to my tool box on the side, and I think there's about an inch or so to spare.. I have a 2007 Avenger with tracks.

'04 avenger with 18" tracks is 71.5"

+ Reply to Thread