Fuel pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel pump

I did mean before removal but I assume you have it off by now.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Depending upon your engine, the vacuum that is required to run the pump is transfered either directly to the pump by attaching the pump with a gasket directly to the engine, or others use a hose attachment to the engine. From the photo, your pump only appears to have two "hose" connections, the fuel in and fuel out (arrows). Thus it appears it should be directly connected to the engine, with a gasket. Thus to get full vacuum, you would need the four screws/bolts to be attached to seal the gasket to get vacuum. Is it possible that the bolts/screws were loose and you lost some, or the wrong size were inserted?

After re-reading your original post, it sounds like your diaphragm pump is a mechanically actuated one, I.E., some lever arm actuates the pump diaphragm. If that is the case, it is quite possible that the diaphragm lever was not aligned properly before the screws attaching the pump were connected. It is also still possible that one or more screws/bolts are the wrong size.

Well I was able to get it..there is indeed a screw plate on the back side inside the valve cover, it just kinda falls back when it was unscrewed. But i had a thought and noticed the oil cap is right next to the top left screw, so I was able to get my (tiny) finger through the oil cap hole and hold the screw plate flush while screwing down the fuel pump and it worked - could feel the screw come all the way through the screw plate. Appreciate all the comments and help, thank you.

fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by vipercwf View Post
    I wasnt getting fuel so i took the fuel pump off to check it out, when installing it back .......................................
    Does your fuel pump work ok now????

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Does your fuel pump work ok now????
    Sorry I never shared that part! I kinda jumped the gun Taking the fuel pump off - Long story short I realized I wasnt getting fuel because I have a shutoff valve installed in the gas line to try to help prevent the carb problems ive had anytime it sits for a length of time. Basically there wasnt enough fuel in the line to create enough suction so i had to 'prime' it and i got it to work. Didnt realize taking the fuel pump off was going to lead to such a headache but another lesson learned.

Glad to hear that your problem has been solved. It is always nice to hear the "reason" so that if others encounter a like/similar problem they know what they might look for.

+ Reply to Thread