Fuel pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump

Fuel pump

I wasnt getting fuel so i took the fuel pump off to check it out, when installing it back I noticed the top two screws wernt 'holding on' to anything almost as if they were stripped but looking at the threads they dont appear to be. I put a little feeler down in the screw hole and noticed that the bottom is like spring loaded..when i press down i noticed the spring loaded action is connected to the action of the fuel pump valve that moves up and down to craete the suction. The bottom two screws hold the pump and actually fully tighten but neither of the top screws are truly tightening as if theres no thread holding them and they push back due to the spring loaded action thats in the bottom of the hole. Im confused does anyone have input on this? I appreciate any thoughts and insight.

what Argo do you have...sounds like one with the diaphragm pump so it relys on the engine to create suction. my fuel pump quit on my skidoo,took it apart and it was iced up?? and fuel could not get through it. without your fuel pump securely bolted together its probably not going to operate right?? i dont know i need more info.send a picture of it!

Ya it is the one your thinking of with manual pump. Ill try to uplaod pic. I have the avenger 8x8 w kohler. I think i figured out that top bolt holes have to be perfectly lined up with the linkage to the diaphram there must be threads on those but it feels impossible to line up. Doesnt help that i cant see directly in to try to line it up because its facing the (firewall). Just wonder if theres some trick to lining those up? Tried for hours maybe im doing something wrong. Ill try to post a pic

http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

So the one bolt you can see is actually on the top. Those two top bolts arnt catching onto anything but they are not stripped. I found that by moving the linkage side to side (the one that connects to the Diaphram to move it up and down inside the valve cover) it appears that if i line up the holes of the fuel pump just right then it lines up threads on the backside(inside the valve cover) but the seems to 'pop' out of place and i cant get them both at the same times.
    Last edited by vipercwf; 02-19-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Is the valve cover off?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

No, valve cover still on.

I think there is a Screw plate on the inside of the cover. Meaning you will have to remove the cover and reattach the pump.

That would make sense. Im not around it to look but do you know if I will need a new gasket if i take that off?

Turn the engine over by hand until the pump arm has no pressure on it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Turn the engine over by hand until the pump arm has no pressure on it.
    Are you meaning then try screwing the the pump back on or are you referencing to do this then take valve cover off?

+ Reply to Thread