Argo Avenger Fuel Filter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Avenger Fuel Filter

Argo Avenger Fuel Filter

I need to replace the fuel filter on a 2009 Argo Avenger 750 EFI 8x8. That's the filter that's tucked up on the left as you look at the machine from the rear. I only took a quick glance at it, but I'm pretty sure it's a clear plastic filter with a paper element inside. Anyhow, when I checked online the number was 24 050 03. When I checked farther, that looks like a metal body filter that you can't see inside. To complicate matters when I checked with the distributor here in the province, they don't have the filters ... that's the 24 050 03 ... they are on order ... and they don't know when they will be in! Ok, so
    1. Is that the right filter ... the metal body one?
    2. Is there a substitute that I could use ... say from NAPA or somewhere like that. I really need it now. I'm having some fuel related problems and I'm prettier sure it's a dirty filter.
    If you can help, I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks.

the metal body is for aegi s775 engine and the platic one is for the LH690 so yes its the right one. you can probably just buy one yes.

That's the thing ... I can't buy it. They are not in stock. On order, but no idea when they will be in. Aegi s775? LH 690? Not sure what you mean here.

The filter on the left is low pressure and any automotive in line filter will work there. I believe they use 5/16" filters but might be 1/4" hose. The later EFI went to a filter on the end of the drop tube in the tank. I've had so many of those plug up I prefer the inline setup. The high pressure fuel filter just past the pump is a NAPA#3310. Hope this helps out.

Thanks. I thought it might be a low pressure filter. Looks like something that used to be on 12 HP Elan snowmobile I used to have years ago. However, the 24 050 03 filter is the one that the Argo Avenger parts manual has pictured over on the left. And I crossed checked NAPA and that is the 3310. That's a little confusing since it seems like it should be past the fuel pump. So I definitely wouldn't put the 3310 from NAPA over there on the left. Right?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d...MyNVAtTlk/view Scroll down to Pg. 17. Looks like #47 is the one I'm talking about.

Never mind! That view is from the front ... not the rear. So, it's the #44 and its in the right place. Of course, the 24 050 03 maybe should be replaced, too.
    Last edited by Zircon; 02-25-2017 at 01:26 PM.

your engine is a kohler aegis 775 30HP engine

My manual shows the hi pressure filter scheduled to replace every 1000 hr. I've had them pluged at 200 hr so you be the judge there. The inlet filter is very important to keep clean as a drop in fuel pressure of 4 lbs makes the idle poor and low power.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    The filter on the left is low pressure and any automotive in line filter will work there. I believe they use 5/16" filters but might be 1/4" hose. The later EFI went to a filter on the end of the drop tube in the tank. I've had so many of those plug up I prefer the inline setup. The high pressure fuel filter just past the pump is a NAPA#3310. Hope this helps out.
    thanks for that part number from napa.i just ordered one for my HDI.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    the metal body is for aegi s775 engine and the platic one is for the LH690 so yes its the right one. you can probably just buy one yes.
    ?????? huh??????????

+ Reply to Thread