6x6 argo transmission check

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6x6 argo transmission check

6x6 argo transmission check

I will be buying a 2011 Argo, 6x6 650hd tomorrow, I was wondering if anybody would know how to check out the transmission on it, to make sure that it is in good shape ?
    And also is there anything crucial I should be checking ?

Thanks

Just keep it simple. Check the fluid and make sure it looks clean. Check the rotors for bad grooves or cracks and make sure the brake pads are ok. Make sure it turns fully left and right in both forward and reverse and high and low.

Run it for a good 15-30 minutes and change the transmission oil check for metal filings or shavings. My conquest always has what looks like a lot of gold dust in the trans oil so I'm guessing something will let go soon. Otherwise if she makes it through Mike's checks shes golden.

+ Reply to Thread