maintenance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: maintenance

maintenance

it seems to me like im always having to tighten things up on my drive system on my Argo. im using lock washer on all bolts and applying locktite to set screws as i check them over. should i have to check things every time i ride? i know a guy who owns a HDI and he uses it like a quad always going in and out of the trails daily and he dont seem to have to check things at all? how often do you guys go without checking things under the floor pans? do you guys have the same problems or is it only the older machines that do it.?

2003 max here, it gets checked every couple of months, not much time on it in that time though. I should check it more often though, it's probably why I have worn bearings, chain and sprockets.
    Meep Meep

Curtis I think its a age thing, never mind checking stuff, I repair stuff after every ride it seems and that is with over 80 % of the stuff being new on the machine.

anyone else have any input on this or can relate to it?

While I really can't compare notes argo to argo as mine is newer and i'm not experiencing anything backing off, but I have dealt with more than a few quads that liked to back stuff out. Anything that you want to bolt up and stay snug throw some red locktite on it and bolt it up. I've never seen it fail me yet......There was that one time I forgot to put it on when I mounted the rear sprocket on my 06 outlaw, only time I had to call someone to come get me....

right on bhy,thanks. newfie to newfie talk lol

If you like you can always swap the nuts out to Lock nuts + Loctite ! That way It Never comes loose !
    I run NyLock nuts on Everything !

yeah i just might do that! thanks.

2001 argo and most stuff stays tight but given the nature of these machines and where they can get you to I find it best to check quite often. I usually keep my ears tuned to the sounds of the machine as it's running. Any sounds out of the ordinary usually require some maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread