Argo trailers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo trailers

Argo trailers

Mike,am I in the right spot for this thread?

Anyway, I finally had the chance to check out the argo amphibious trailers,and don't remember ever seeing a thread on them,so I thought I would pass on what i found out.
    Argo makes a 4 and 8 wheel trailer,basically the bottom of a 6x6 and an 8x8 argo,that is available in either 24" or 25" tires for either size trailer. The great thing about the trailers, is you can get the same size trailer tire that your argo has, and now you have a bunch of spares in case you need one, especially way back in the bush.
    I had a lot of concerns with these,mostly how well they are going to hold up (going where the argo goes) in and out of the nastiest places,and also how easy it is to jackknife them,bending the tongue.
    First, where the trailer hooks onto the argo via the 2" reciever, the coupler is allowed to spin 360,eliminating any torque if the trailer cants to one side or another. Then, there is a three position hitch where the tongue attaches to the trailer,for three different settings,extremey rough, to flat ground. Also, the tongue itself is telescoping to adjust the length of it,if need be.
    My first test was with the 8x8 with 25" tires,and I found out how easy it is to back up,as I thought just the opposite.I had a tower stand to erect,so I loaded up the trailer with the tower stand,and headed into the semi frozen swamp,and was very happy with the way the trailer tracked the same as the argo,and basically floated across the mud holes that I dropped into. I also took it thru a narrow trail full of turns,and was also pleasantly suprised for how such a big, long unit turned.
    The downside to the 8x8 trailer is that it is big,and that makes it hard to move one it is unattached from the argo.Being new,I'm sure the bearings will become less stiff,making it easier to move around.
    The 4x4 trailer is just the opposite,very easy to push, and spin around, a real treat to move,and it also pulls like nothing is back there,(the 8x8 you know your pulling something)
    All in all, I am very happy with both sized trailers,they are both very tough,and the big bonus being that they are both amphibious.20170207_151232_resized_2.jpg20170204_154045_resized.jpg20170323_131304_resized.jpg
    Last edited by foxvalley; 03-24-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Great review and insight. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by fornarog View Post
    Great review and insight. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks fornarog
    Here are some more pics.20170324_142035_resized.jpg20170324_142110_resized.jpg20170324_142140_resized.jpg20170324_142154_resized.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by foxvalley; 03-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread