crazy idea

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crazy idea

crazy idea

would this work? using two flanges the same way the inner bearing is held in place but on the outside and without no flange. i would obviously have to get flanges with the grease zerk and use silicone and stuff around the axle. im trying to think of way that this wont work but i cant see why it wont.

anyone??

Max and other machines do just this.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Check out the bearing replacement video in the how-to section. I used a Max II and you can see the flanges/bearings.

but would it actually work or would i be waisting my time doing this? would i have to use diff bearings?

It would work but what are you trying to gain by doing this?

i like the fact tht its just a bearing there and no worrying about seals failing. when a seal gets bad where do the water come in? also would it be less maintenance if i done the without seal setup?

so.... if i used the proper flanges gaskets and some sealant i should have not worry about seals failing? i think i could save some money since i dont have to buy seals. i will do this as the old flanges and seals go since i have all new double sealed flanges on there now. also i know max uses lockin collars should i use them or just stick with set screw bearings without the collars? would the argo bearings leak?

Couldn't I use just the flanges and bearing? No more grooves! Any input??

Curtis. Your question has been answered 3 times in this thread. As mike suggested back on the 11th of may, Watch the video. Most of the manufacturers used the setup you are talking about.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread