Gen 2vs Admiral

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gen 2vs Admiral

Gen 2vs Admiral

Besides the price is there any advantage the Gen 2 transmission has over the Admiral or when buying a Argo is it Admiral all the time

admiral is more enjoyable to drive and puts power to the ground (while turning) much better. No idler chains with the admiral also means less maintenance and less chance of chain lube affecting brake pads. Machines with the admiral will be newer (2010+) which means a higher price tag but worth it in my opinion. You can get a non-admiral tranny machine through the same terrain, it just takes some technique at times. You can't swap an admiral into a non-admiral frame. The admiral is only 1 reason to choose a 2010+ machine. The heavier axle flanges, HD outer bearings, and at189 tires are also important improvements that are worth the extra cost in the Argo brand.

i have a 09 avenger and i am a little bit jealous of my buddy's '12 hdi cause of the admiral transmission
    my opinion, go with the admiral transmission , smoother to turn in tight corners etc...

+ Reply to Thread