Need new exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need new exhaust

Need new exhaust

I need a new exhaust manifold for my Bigfoot, motor is a 18hp Vanguard. Entire manifold broke apart during some spirited riding. Tried Richards Relics but he doesn't have anything to fit. Anyone know what works and what doesn't? I'd like to get a y-pipe and install a small car muffler under the hood. Any Ideas??? Please holler.

Why don't you give our site sponsor Argo Adventure a try: Argo Adventure | Argo Atv Parts | Argo 8x8 Atv They have a parts section on their website or, if you don't see what you need, give them a call. I've ordered some Max parts through their sister site and was pleased with the service. This was prior to them paying to advertise on the forum.

Thanks Mike, I do order quite a lot from them. I was hoping to get by on the cheap, looks like I'll have to fes up the big bucks and order an Argo specific part.

I get it. I try to get my parts on the cheap where I can as well. I don't know enough about the Bigfoot manifold configuration to say what other ones would work. One of the Argo guys may be able to help more, or, if you have a photo, we may be able to recognize it as a standard manifold from other machines too? The other thing you can try is starting a thread in the wanted section of the forum to see if anyone has a used one laying around. If you are handy with a welder, you can buy the flanges and even pre-bent pipe and fabricate your own. i did that on my Max IV.

You can get the 20hp one off of ebay pretty cheap. grab a 20 hp carb and from what I have read remove the restrictor when you have the manifold out and bam you have the 20 hp vanguard. im looking at doing this right now, if I do ill have a 18 hp manifold for sale

+ Reply to Thread