"Brand newbie" here to the world of 6x6 AATVs (...however I did pilot my first 6x6 in 1969...a yellow and white Scrambler with 7 h.p. and the steering wheel...out in the desert of SoCal...at the ripe old age of 9!)

I've been looking at new 2017 Argo Frontier EFI 6x6 models, and I've been looking at both the base model with the 19 h.p. Kohler and the 'S' model with the upgraded 23 h.p, Kohler, bearing extensions, brake cooling ducting, standard transmission, skid plate, bilge pump, and entry step. The 'S' model is an additional $2,500 more over the base model (locally offered at $8,999.) So there is my dilemma...which model and why?

So who and why would a new 6x6 enthusiast upgrade to the 'S' model with those additional features?

Is 4 more h.p., ducting for a future brake cooling fan, skid plate, bilge pump, side step, and bearing extensions on the four corner axles for $2,500...worth it?

My intended use here in Utah is general trail riding/exploring (4,200' to 10,000' ASL) and ham radio event support in both the desert and up in the Wasatch/Uinta mountain ranges...including winter trails...with my wife and our two dogs. No real plans to take it on the water. Yet since I've been told the Frontier steers by braking, the cooling fan/ducting seems like it makes sense for longevity. That, along with a skid plate, and a roll bar all make good safety sense to me. Other suggested enhancements, mods, options, or accessories? High altitude clutch tuning?

Appreciate your feedback! Thanks in advance,

Brad (denhabr)
KF6PSL
Sandy, Utah
1996 Ford Bronco XL 5.0/E4OD Pre-runner/Chase Truck
----------------------------------------------------------------------