Dumb question on brake cooling fan...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb question on brake cooling fan...

Dumb question on brake cooling fan...

Argo Avenger 2007. Should the the brake cooling fan run all the time? Or is it temp controlled? Can't tell if it's working....

It's been a while since I had the stock setup in my Avenger but I'm 99% sure the fan ran all the time as soon as you turned the key on. If yours is not running start by checking the fuse in the fuse block. If that is fine, the other thing to check besides the connections at the fan itself is to see if the fan housing is cracked. Due to the location of the fan, it can sometimes become damaged and it can either prevent the fan from turning or it can cause it to make noise while turning.

brake fan comes on as soon as the key is turned.should hear it its loud enough to hear if its working?

Thanks guys! Definitely not running, that explains some overheating problems. Fuse is ok, so i guess I'll have to look further.

trace the wires and inspect them for splices,may have rubbed against something.

+ Reply to Thread