battery dead....fuse keeps blowing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: battery dead....fuse keeps blowing

the ohms side of the meter shows either.
    2000M

I was hoping your meter had an audible alarm for continuity, but I guess it doesn't. You can test continuity my measuring ohms. Just remember, when testing between a ground and a wire that is supposed to be hot, don't want any ohms of resistance, meaning there is no connection or circuit between the ground and hot wire. If you measure ohms, that means a connection is made somewhere. The settings are to adjust your reading for the level of resistance you are trying to test for (thousands of ohms, or thousandths of ohms). I would just set it to 20. Disconnect the positive side of the battery also.

When you set your meter to measure ohms, and the two probes are not touching anything, it may read OL or some other indication of overload or over limit. This is because there is an infinite amount of resistance between the probes when they aren't touching metal or are touching something non-conductive. When you are testing between a ground source and a wire that is not a grounding wire, you want to see this OL message - meaning there is no resistance and therefore no circuit (or no continuity, meaning the wire is not in contact with a ground source somewhere).

It might be a good idea for you to watch some Youtube videos on measuring ohms or checking continuity.

ok.... so i got 0.1 ohms when i have it on the setting 200.but 0 when on any higher setting which means the stator is faulty. which one do i go by. i put both ends of the meter on the 2 ac stator wires when doing this test. let me know so i can get at the fly wheel if i need to.

Testing across the 2 ac output wires will not tell you if it is shorting to ground. The test you ran tells you whether or not the windings are good. I don't know what the reading should be.

Test from one a.c. wire to a ground source and then do the same with the other a.c. wire. You should read OL if nothing is shorted to ground.

all i got is the number 1 on the screen. what can i use for ground source? negative lead on the battery?

The negative terminal on the battery is a good ground source.

BUT.....if you have disconnected the battery use the negative cable as a ground, not the battery post.
    Last edited by dirtdobber; 05-29-2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added additional info

Is your battery any good? Does it have a bad cell?

it worked find for the past year until one day i turned the key and the fuse blew?

salmon fishing opens june 1 here and will be going soon so i need to get this sorted out,someone help me,im still confused on which setting use when checking each ac plug to ground.

anyone close by that could give you a hand ? j.b.

+ Reply to Thread