My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

wish you were'nt so far from n.c. so you could join us at the busco beach gathering. 3 days of trails, mud and fellow aatv 'ers. what a great place to break in your new friend '' juggernaut '' johnboy va.

When Barrows Argo receives Juggernaut, he will email me pictures before it is torn apart for rebuilding. Next Saturday I will go back to Vermont, and see it in person for the first time. I don't expect it to be in a drivable condition then, but the following Saturday it should be delivered to my house, and I will be on cloud 9. The outboard motor is in, way before November when I expected it, and we are having a red and green bow light installed for night boating. I have a wireless backup camera ready for the trailer, and full 7 pole connections for each Jeep trailer connection. I have maybe 75 to 100 feet behind the sticks, and that is about to change. For the maiden voyage, I will be in my backyard. Once I get the hang of it, I will drive across the street, and down a steep rutted path, to a class 6 dirt road. I can go to the end of that, then drive maybe 50 yards on pavement, and turn left onto a boat ramp and into my first pond. It won't be registered on the first day, but it will be as soon as possible after day 1. The entire ride will be on video. This has been a long wait, but these next 2 weeks will be the hardest.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    When Barrows Argo receives Juggernaut, he will email me pictures before it is torn apart for rebuilding. Next Saturday I will go back to Vermont, and see it in person for the first time. I don't expect it to be in a drivable condition then, but the following Saturday it should be delivered to my house, and I will be on cloud 9. The outboard motor is in, way before November when I expected it, and we are having a red and green bow light installed for night boating. I have a wireless backup camera ready for the trailer, and full 7 pole connections for each Jeep trailer connection. I have maybe 75 to 100 feet behind the sticks, and that is about to change. For the maiden voyage, I will be in my backyard. Once I get the hang of it, I will drive across the street, and down a steep rutted path, to a class 6 dirt road. I can go to the end of that, then drive maybe 50 yards on pavement, and turn left onto a boat ramp and into my first pond. It won't be registered on the first day, but it will be as soon as possible after day 1. The entire ride will be on video. This has been a long wait, but these next 2 weeks will be the hardest.

Steve
    Don't forget to put in the drain plugs before hitting the pond!

I remember the drain plugs.
    I just walked over to that steep, heavily rutted path, and it has some big boulders on it. It won't be a real challenge, but it is better than I thought. I also walked down a different path that belongs to my neighbor. It opens up into several either fields or corn fields. If I can get written permission from the owner, it would be an excellent place to ride, especially in the winter. I have fixed her computer before, so I have a good chance. It seems like the local places to ride, are looking pretty good!

Steve

Due a factory backlog during changeover to the 2018 models, my new Argo wont be at the dealership until Monday. The accessories are due to ship Monday, so things will take a bit more time than I had hoped. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Steve

Thanks for the update

Finally, my new Avenger made it to Barrows ATV this morning. He is tearing it apart to make the modifications, and put the red top on. The plan is to deliver it here to my house Saturday afternoon. It won't be completely finished, but it will be rideable. I am very excited, and my sister is here from Williamsburg Virginia, so she will get to ride in it. I have never in my life been so excited about a toy. I don't think the tracks will be here yet, but that's OK. Barrows ATV has done a spectacular job of coordinating everything whether it is Argo or third party. The outboard motor is beautiful, and has electric start, and trim. My back yard is about to endure some serious abuse.

Steve

you lucky devil. im even excited lol

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    Finally, my new Avenger made it to Barrows ATV this morning. He is tearing it apart to make the modifications, and put the red top on. The plan is to deliver it here to my house Saturday afternoon. It won't be completely finished, but it will be rideable. I am very excited, and my sister is here from Williamsburg Virginia, so she will get to ride in it. I have never in my life been so excited about a toy. I don't think the tracks will be here yet, but that's OK. Barrows ATV has done a spectacular job of coordinating everything whether it is Argo or third party. The outboard motor is beautiful, and has electric start, and trim. My back yard is about to endure some serious abuse.

Steve

Woohoo! Finally, your moment is here! Have fun!
    I got a call from Barrows yesterday...the woman who called was following up on a call I made to them before I bought my leftover ‘16 Scout. Very nice woman and very knowledgeable on Argos. I asked if they ever came across used tracks and she said she would check with him on what he may know.

Electric trim as well? That sounds epic, heck my actual boat doesn’t even have a working electric trim lol.
    Man your not going to get any sleep. I think you’ve got us all excited as well :-p I want to come by and see this beast in action!

+ Reply to Thread