My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by John8x8hdi View Post
    Mowbizz, where are you from?
    I’m from New Hampshire!

sounds great steve !! your moving along well with the machine. in terms of the tracks on the rubber mats tearing them loose, try using fender washers with the screws if you have'nt done that. should hold down much better. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    I’m from New Hampshire!
    Wow! I bet it can get pretty cold up there! Hope the fish are biting up there!

Quote Originally Posted by John8x8hdi View Post
    Wow! I bet it can get pretty cold up there! Hope the fish are biting up there!
    Yup! Can get cold (and windy) out on the ice! Thank heavens for bob houses and heaters!

We don't get as cold as our Canadian friends, but -15F can happen a few times a year. Winds can kick up over 50 mph in places. Add 2 to 3 feet of snow cover, and we have some great riding weather.

I can't wait to try out Juggernaught with the heater, canopy, and heated hand grips in those conditions. This weekend the mud flaps should be fixed, and I'm not sure about the canopy yet. At least with the mud flaps my riding will greatly increase. It is just difficult cleaning out all the mud, sticks, grass, leaves, and snow if applicable from every inch of the cab. Once that gets fixed, I'm going riding!

Steve

I drove Juggernaught in about 4 inches of snow today, and it was awesome! I want several feet of snow, but saying that makes me very unpopular.
    I drove every where I could, and I loved it. These tracks won't get stuck. I have made huge mud holes in my back yard, and I can easily go from mud to snow effortlessly.

These Argo's are beyond awesome. I look forward to growing old with Juggernaught.

Steve

yea steve...it's a blast isn't it . a few feet will put her to the test. sounds like your going to have your own aatv park right there behind your house !! i want a good deep snow here too in va. johnboy

hey steve...merry christmas from us all !! have'nt heard how you and '' juggernaught '' are getting along. any snow yet and how's the machine doing ? johnboy va.

Well, the top and screens have finally arrived. Friday Bob Barrows came over and fixed the right windshield wiper, and installed the top. We tested it out in the rain, and we were warm and dry.

However, I was driving through 3 feet of slush, and actually got stuck.
    The tub plowed through the slush and packed it like a rock, creating a high centered effect. We could not go forward or backwards. Bob got out to attach the winch, and sunk way over his knees. It was almost 60°F, and raining, but the slush he was standing in was effectively ice water. He attached the winch cable to a tree, and I pushed the remote. Nothing happened. Then I tried the main switch, and still nothing happened. I began to panic a little bit, as even with rocking it back and forth, we were stuck. Bob tried to push it out, but couldn't get traction. If Juggernaught got stuck, there was no way I would risk bringing a Jeep down there. Finally Bob found traction, and was able to push us out. His next move would have been to find a log and put it behind the tracks. That would have worked. Anyway, he saw the problem coming, but as I was driving, he let me figure out that I made a mistake. I am actually glad he did, and I am glad the winch failed locally, rather than 3 hours up north. The next day, Bob troubleshot the winch, only to find a bad crimp on one of the connections. It works fine now.

Here are some pictures of the top with screens. I have since removed the screens, which are Velcroed in place, as I won't need them in the winter.

There is another strip of Velcro that we haven't attached yet, that will secure the screens to the inside of the tub.

Steve

Cool stuff Steve! I guess you are finding out what conditions to avoid in the future!
    Slush is nobody’s friend...skidoos, wheelers, snowblowers, and now ARGOS!
    I’m enjoying mine bombing out on the frozen lakes!
    Yesterday’s trip out ice fishing I found the Argo wanting to pull to the left while trying to go straight...turns out all six tires were almost at zero pounds! The cold snap made them deflate...a quick air up to 5 pounds pressure and she’s back Driving straight again!

+ Reply to Thread